Windows 10: Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

Discus and support Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello ,my Task manager is not responding every time I try to open it, along with it any other programs are not working properly such as settings ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vipinyadav3, May 26, 2021.

1. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

Hello ,my Task manager is not responding every time I try to open it, along with it any other programs are not working properly such as settings , personalization and many others it shows ms-settings not found.My laptop is also taking an unusual time while starting on. It is not resolved by theattempting these DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /

:)

Vipinyadav3, May 26, 2021

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 26, 2021
  3. Start menu and task bar not responding

When I open task manager the window pops up but it just sits there and no info ever loads in the box. After a few minutes it says that it's not responding. I am unable to open my start menu, search bar or command prompt at all just started this morning.

kyle7161975, May 26, 2021
  4. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

Start menu and task bar not responding

Hi NovArno,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

Windows 10: Start Menu, Cortana, Settings, etc. not responding

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window

Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

1. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with... - Similar Threads - Task manager responding

2. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  3. 22621.755 still no task manager in task bar menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22621.755 still no task manager in task bar menu: So what gives? I'm now running 22621.755 which was supposed to bring back the task manager context menu in the taskbar, but nope. It's not there and I see no way to enable it. Leave it to MS to screw up another update....
  4. 22621.755 still no task manager in task bar menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22621.755 still no task manager in task bar menu: So what gives? I'm now running 22621.755 which was supposed to bring back the task manager context menu in the taskbar, but nope. It's not there and I see no way to enable it. Leave it to MS to screw up another update....
  5. Task bar and start menu not working on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar and start menu not working on startup: There is this annoying issue where anytime I power on my PC it takes a couple seconds longer than usual to boot up and the taskbar and start menu just wont work. There is a blue icon spinning and when clicking the taskbar my screen flashes and nothing happens. I have to shut...
  6. TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING: Don't know what I did, but a few weeks ago: 1 task bar buttons nonresponsive 2 windows start icon nonresponsive 3 start to work and some programs have been closed, i.e. Quickbooks...
  7. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. I was going to attach it but the size limit is 2mb, and my log is 8mb. What should I do?...
  8. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...
  9. Windows start menu not working and no task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu not working and no task bar: i turn on my laptop Windows 10 it does not ask me to sign in the desktop comes up with nothing on the task bar except for speaker Internet etc no browser option if I click on anything it does not work also the Windows sta button or cortana does not work if I click on it. I...
  10. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...