Windows 10: task manager not responding

Discus and support task manager not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is it normal to have task manager not responding i am using windows since the old age of win 3.1 this is first time i have seen this error. 166423 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by makhan10, Oct 15, 2020.

1. makhan10 Win User

task manager not responding

is it normal to have task manager not responding

i am using windows since the old age of win 3.1 this is first time i have seen this error.

:)

makhan10, Oct 15, 2020

2. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Hans_Solo Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager (not responding)?

This is most likely a Firefox v57.x issue and/or a close version to v57.x. Just remove Firefox via the Windows Control Panel!

That is, I found no way to solve the issue until I did these things:

A) I changed Firefox Accessibility as Mozilla desired (just do a search but it's a waste of time IMHO). I don't believe this helped at all.

I rebooted (Restart)

Still had Task Manager not responding!

B) I ran the Microsoft scans and checks. This validated my system from Microsoft's perspective was fine. This did not solve the issue but it validated that I was "clean". I would highly recommend you do this to put your mind at ease on your system's "cleanliness".
    It takes about 5-10 minutes to do these commands and their respective processes.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

I rebooted (Restart)

No issues changed. Still had Task Manager not responding.

C) I removed Firefox via the Windows Control Panel. There are two (2) entries. Removing the first (primary Firefox browser removes the second one listed. Can't remember their names but they are listed under "Mozilla".)

I rebooted (Restart)

Task Manager worked fine.

D) I reinstalled Firefox from the www.mozilla.org website (v57.x)

I rebooted (Restart)

Task Manager (not responding) issue again

I terminated the Task Manager

I removed Firefox

I rebooted (Restart)

E) I notified Firefox. Firefox is NOT a browser I am currently using. I am exclusively using Google Chrome on my 64bit OS Win10 Pro. Intermittently I'll use Edge....

I hope this helps!!!!

Hans_Solo, Oct 15, 2020
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. task manager not responding - Similar Threads - task manager responding

2. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...
  3. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...
  4. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task manager keeps "not responding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager keeps "not responding": Hi! This problem only occurred today. Clicking the "x" button on my task manager causes it to freeze and "not respond". I have researched about similar problems and solutions including running the cmd and even checking for updates and rebooting my computer like a million...
  6. Task manager keeps "not responding"

Task manager keeps "not responding": Hi! This problem only occurred today. Clicking the "x" button on my task manager causes it to freeze and "not respond". I have researched about similar problems and solutions including running the cmd and even checking for updates and rebooting my computer like a million...
  7. Task Manager Not Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  8. Task Manager Not Responding.

Task Manager Not Responding.: Adobe Support were unable to complete their work because Task Manager on Windows 11 kept giving error message "Task Manager Not Responding" and then hanging. Eventually contacted MS Support suggested I try a work around -"Perform SFC Scan & Repair Windows Image" but this...
  9. Explorer and Task Manager do not respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer and Task Manager do not respond: This is a random bug that occurred when I did the following: 1. Request to "save as" a file using Google Chrome 2. Explorer window to select destination never opened 3. Tried to open Task Manager and restart Explorer, Task Manager opened and stopped responding nothing ever...
  10. No "Not responding" status in task Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Not responding" status in task Manager?: I am trying to figure out if apps are frozen are simply still processing information in Win 10. In Win 7 I would go to the task manger and see a "Not Responding" in the status field to let me know if there is a problem, but I don't have that option in Win 10. I can only see...