Windows 10: Task Manager not running

Discus and support Task Manager not running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by z10556, Aug 19, 2015.

1. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

:)

z10556, Aug 19, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Task manager will not run

When you press the CTRL, SHIFT and ESC buttons all at the same time, what do you see?

BulldogXX, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Task manager will not run

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

1.What exactly happens when you try to open the task manager?

2.Do you receive any error message?

3.Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the start of the issue?

If Task Manager won't start, your computer might have a virus. Make sure that you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your computer,If your computer does not have a virus and you are connected to a network, check with your system administrator
    to find out if Task Manager has been turned off on your computer.

I recommend you to download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from the following link and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Safety Scanner Disclaimer: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate viruses if any.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Task Manager not running

1. Task Manager not running - Similar Threads - Task Manager running

2. Intel_PIE_Service.exe suddenly running in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel_PIE_Service.exe suddenly running in task manager?: Recently I redownloaded Killer Performance Suite and noticed a new process running called Intel_PIE_Service.exe. It says it's part of the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software but I do not have that app installed so I don't know why it is running. Is this process part of Killer too?...
  3. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  4. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  5. Multiple apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  6. Task manager refuses to run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager refuses to run: All my stuff is updated I restarted twice and still nothing submitted by /u/Thic_water [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgki36/task_manager_refuses_to_run/
  7. Running Processes in task manager

Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  8. Duplicate processes running in task manager

Duplicate processes running in task manager: I have a few things open yet my computer is running several processes 45 backgorund and 39-80 windows processes. I have 1 google crome 1 Microsoft edge and 1 league of legends open. But in task manager it says 8 google tabs 7 edge tabs and 3 league tabs are open. This is...
  9. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  10. INTEL Run Amuck! in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    INTEL Run Amuck! in Task Manager: Do I need all these INTEL processes loaded up and running in task manager? It is not a problem with memory it just appears "untidy" to me : ) The second pic shows the only INTEL "program" in start Intel Driver Asst and Support. Do I really need that and is that the one that...