Windows 10: Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.

Discus and support Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I changed start from amdppm to 4 in the registry, it showed the cpu base speed is 3.49 ghz in the task manager after i rebooted my system. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jo_1922, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Jo_1922 Win User

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.

After I changed start from amdppm to 4 in the registry, it showed the cpu base speed is 3.49 ghz in the task manager after i rebooted my system. I have a ryzen 3 2200g with the base speed at 3.5 ghz but when i set it to 3, it's 3.5 ghz, can someone explain me why this is happening? thanks

:)

Jo_1922, Jan 2, 2021
  2. dylan3593 Win User

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

On a fresh install of windows 10 home ( made with USB installation media from Download Windows 10) brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings
    CPU-Z shows actual clock speed. BIOS & Windows has been fully updated and is running very close to a vanilla install.

Anyone know what to do to fix this

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed. c0b3e3f7-1dfb-467f-9918-8b758bb3263f?upload=true.png

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed. 01bf2902-4822-4b13-a6c4-e1339c4d583a?upload=true.png

dylan3593, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Task manager shows incorrect RAM speeds...

It is actually a bug occurring primarily with many AMD boards. CPU-Z and bios will report accurate speeds (CPU-Z always will report half speed and thats correct) yet the task manager which usually reports full speed is reporting only half speed also.

Its a confirmed windows bug that is caused by the smbios info not being read right. It does not impact performance or memory allocation and microsoft reccommend using another software to measure speed.

MagikSeven, Jan 2, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Task manager doesn't display CPU speed

A number of people report this problem with screenshots- simply wait a moment for the image to upload, then press the button.

Here's your last one:

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed. [​IMG]

- presumably from this view:

What is your Windows build number?

What does e.g. Speccy show for your CPU speed?

dalchina, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed. - Similar Threads - Task Manager showing

2. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  3. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  4. task manager dont show the correct cpu load and the right frequencies.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager dont show the correct cpu load and the right frequencies.: task manager says cpu load is 99% but, third party programs say it is 9%; same thing for the frequencies the task manager shows 3.78GHz but instead the frequencies are 4.20GHz [MOVED from It-It to En-Us]...
  5. Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization: Several windows 10 devices are showing high cpu speeds with litte or no Cpu Utilization in Task Manager. All or most of the devices use Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with build number ending with .868. On the newest desktop, I had installed .870 build. I tried removing .870 and...
  6. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  7. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  8. Task manager doesn't display CPU speed

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager doesn't display CPU speed: It will show percentage, but no speed, it always stays at 0.00 and sometimes it'll jump to 0.01 or 2.70. Then immediately go to 0.00 again. My system information if it helps: https://i.imgur.com/N7MYTlN.png https://i.imgur.com/rHYmh9e.png Here is how it looks:...
  9. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed: On a fresh install of windows 10 home made with USB installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings CPU-Z shows actual clock...
  10. task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager cpu speed: Just this past month my cpu speed is down to around 1.5GHz but it used to be around 2.5GHz. My computer is also slower. Does anyone know why this is and how to solve this issue? 62782

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manger reporting base speed only in windows 10

2. ryzen Windows 10 task msnager not accurate