Windows 10: Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

Discus and support Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nastorgas, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything, but one thing causes me a lot of trouble, my Task Manager does not work, once you click it, it opens and shows "No running apps" (as shown in the link to screenshot) and then continues to close automatically when you click it.

I will list the things I've tried: Rebooting, DISM Scans, SFC/SCANNOW, Update Windows, Update Drivers, creating a new user and logging in and checking there, changing language, double-clicking Task Manager, opening it through all shortcuts (CNTRL+ALT+DEL) and other I don't remember rn, virus scanning, windows defender offline scan, I even downloaded windows and installed(upgrade option) it again.

Note: EVERY scan has found no problems, no corrupted files, no anything.

I'm begging for help because I'm truly desperate, this happened from one day to another after shutting it down one day and turning it on the next. Sometimes the task manager symbol appears on hidden icons but disappears as soon as you try to hover over it.

Have in mind I have also tried clicking "More Details" and it crashes or just closes.

Image 1

submitted by /u/Nastorgas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nastorgas, Jan 13, 2021

2. Task Manager Automatically Closes Windows 10!

Hi Evnul,

There are several reasons why the Task Manager automatically closes when opening. These may include the recent changes made on your computer or there is a corruption on your user profile. Answering the following questions may help us in uncovering the underlying
    cause of the issue:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried creating a temporary user profile to isolate the issue?
    • Just to verify, is your computer shutting down when you are accessing the Task Manager or the Task Manager closes itself?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when this happens?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Screwed up Task Manager

So somehow or another I was fuckin around with Task Manager trying to get a program to close and managed to make it turn into the sceenshot you see below.

Question is, how do i fix it?

Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically. [​IMG]

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

where is task manager in windows phone

First of all i love windows, <3

but

I want to ask where is task manager in windows phone :-(.

A task manager is very helpful and important app (as in windows pc).

If android and ios can provide an app similar to task manager then why not in windows phone.

I want to suggest you to build a task manager app which should show the following info

• list of all running apps
    • Info about cpu usage and Ram usage (just like in windows pc)
    • A button which says close all apps . Because i don't want to close all apps one by one
    • Processes running in background.
    • Network information (like in windows pc)
    so Microsoft, are you planning to build an like this Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically. :) .

Waiting for your answer

Gyan Parkash, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

1. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically. - Similar Threads - Task Manager showing

2. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  3. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  4. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  6. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  7. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Programs closing automatically

Programs closing automatically: Hi,I need your help programs keep closing on my PC. I've done tons of research, checked my ssd and HDD sectors. All are healthhy. Done Scan on my command prompt. Sometimes the programs run fine somethimes they don't. Right now I can't even pull up a notepad because it just...
  9. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  10. Automatic closing of tasks

Automatic closing of tasks: it started a few days ago ...when i was using win 8.1 n the problem was that whenever i used to open some application or some window it would close suddenly like the pc was pretending like i was clicking on escape key again and again, n also when i click on the key h and g...