Windows 10: Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

Discus and support Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayM7, Dec 7, 2020.

1. RayM7 Win User

Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

CPU: i9-9900k

MB: EVGA Z390 DARK

BIOS: 1.08

Windows build: 19042.630

Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed ba866389-f51d-451d-8b08-fef6d1e43732?upload=true.png

Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution.

:)

RayM7, Dec 7, 2020

2. Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I have corsair Vengeance pro 16 GB ram 1866 mhz installed, Bios cpu z show it at this speed but task manager shows ram speed at 1400 mhz. Is this a cosmetic error for win 10? How do I fix it?

Original title: Task manager and RAm speed

RobertWillmott, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I have the exact same specs as yours, but i hage a 850wat evaga powersupply and i am getting the exact same issue. Msi command center, speccy, bios, cpu z all show the ram speed as 1866mhz whereas task manager shows 1600. After some googling i have come
    to known the default jedec profile on ur ram is what task manager see's even with xmp enabled. Some motherboards do not read the jedec profiles and display what ever stable speed u set ur ram at and task manager happly see's ur ram speed as its not defined
    by the jedec profile. How to fix it i have no idea as i am a bit ocd about task manager showing incorrect speed and would like to have this fixed

Ali_AGamer, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

Task Manager console displays innacurate RAM speeds

I am running at 1866 but task manager is showing 1600.

The issue is if ur ram has a pre set jedec information, that is what the task manager reads. On my bios the xmp profile of 1866 is applied. But when i view the jedec info on the spd tab within the bios it shows read only information on the default max value
    of the ram which is 1600mhzt. Basically the xmp profile is a overclock that your applying. The ram can run at higher speeds but the default max value is what is written within the jedec info. There is nothing you can do, I have two pc's at home, my first pc
    has a msi gaming 5 and that motherboard automatically reads the standard jedec info on any ram sticks installed, so regardless of the speed task manager will read the default jedec info. Now my second pc has a asrock z77 extreame 4, this motherboard does not
    store any jedec info, the bios reads what ever speed i set the ram to and task manager agrees with that and shows the correct speed. Because the z77 asrock does not store any jedec info.

To test if ur ram is working fine, locate the SPD tab regarding ur ram within ur bios. If it says Max ram speed 1400 then that is ur default max value and that is what task manager reading. And any other app that u are using to show ur OC are reporting correctly
    because you have used more then one. Just to be on the safe side run a ram speed test, just in case the apps ur using are not just picking up the xmp profile info. When i ran, CPU-Z, SPECCY, BIOS. I ran a ram test to see if the speed is correctly applied and
    the results proved my ram was indeed running at 1866.

Since 1400mhzt isnt a standard ram speed, and task manager is picking this number up, it could be one of these factors:

The cpu/motherboard has downclocked ur ram from 1866 to 1400 because the cpu is not stable at that speed, so the cpu auto adjusted the closest figure possible. Or ur motherboard cant handle 1866 which i doubt. Or the fact the ram downclock the speed because
    of stability issues.

Ali_AGamer, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

1. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed - Similar Threads - Task Manager Showing

2. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  3. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  4. Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram speed are different in task manager and cmd: I have to upgrade my RAM so I was fetching details of the RAM chip installed on my PC and found that task manager shows speed as 2400 mhz whereas the command "wmic memorychip get speed" command shows 2666mhz. Which gives the correct information?...
  5. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  6. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed: On a fresh install of windows 10 home made with USB installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings CPU-Z shows actual clock...
  7. task manager not showing ram specs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager not showing ram specs: hey guys i'm having an issue where the ram specifications do not show in the task manager on the memory menu do you have any fixes? submitted by /u/MattO411 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duvngn/task_manager_not_showing_ram_specs/
  8. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  9. Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager: Hello. So it looks like in Windows task manager my RAM speed is set at 2800 MHz in slot 1, 3, 5 and 7, but my RAM are using XMProfile 1 at 2666 MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z also tells me that my RAM is in quad channel configuration at 1333 MHz (2666 Mhz divided 2). What's the...
  10. Task manager and RAM speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager and RAM speeds: Hello, I have recently installed new RAm (Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 mhz). In Task Manger it's showing the ram speed as 1400. Bios is showing at 1866 and also in CPU Z. XMP is enabled. Any ideas? Is this a win 10 bug etc Thanks in advance 44013