Windows 10: Task Manager not working when the computer starts up

Discus and support Task Manager not working when the computer starts up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is having a strange behavior for about one month until now: when I turn it on, it starts to heat, and I'm not able to open nor the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManuelMendozaAlmeida, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Task Manager not working when the computer starts up

My computer is having a strange behavior for about one month until now: when I turn it on, it starts to heat, and I'm not able to open nor the Task Manager, nor the Regedit so far I can still open CMD.

I had the idea to use Win+G to open the gaming functions, and in the system's status, I can see that the CPU is at 99% with no user programs like Chrome or Word been open.

Things get even stranger with time since after half an hour, the Task Manager finally stays open, and the CPU is no longer at 99%. This problem only repeats itself when I turn off and on the system. For instance, if I only send it to sleep, everything behaves as it is after I start using it again.

I have tried the following options with no success:

• Windows Maintenance option
    • Windows Defender full scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    • SFC scans
    • DISM scans
    • Checking Windows' Application Information service

For SFC and DISM scans, both ensured they had erased damaged files, but this error presented no change or correction. I read there was a solution throughout Regedit, but this presents the same error as the Task Manager and closes up after only a few seconds.

:)

ManuelMendozaAlmeida, Jul 19, 2020

2. How to add Task Manager to Start-up items

Thanks. I removed the malware and the system is clean.

How can I start the Task Manger in the windows 10 start up. The TM icon/shortcut don't startup. All other programs start up, when windows boot.

To add a program to the Start-up items, you may do the following steps:

• Search for Task Manager using Cortana.
    • Once the results show Task Manager, right-click on it and select
      Pin to Start.
    • The Task Manager is now added to your Start-up applications.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Jul 19, 2020
  3. RaguTTA Win User
    How to add Task Manager to Start-up items

Thanks. I removed the malware and the system is clean.

How can I start the Task Manger in the windows 10 start up. The TM icon/shortcut don't startup. All other programs start up, when windows boot.

To add a program to the Start-up items, you may do the following steps:

• Search for Task Manager using Cortana.
    • Once the results show Task Manager, right-click on it and select
      Pin to Start.
    • The Task Manager is now added to your Start-up applications.

Let us know how it goes.

Same problem. I have Task Manger in the taskbar and will not startup, automatically. As 3 other programmes + Task manager shortcut. Only Task manger will not automatically. I have start manually every. Cortina also do the same, as icon in the taskbar only.

RaguTTA, Jul 19, 2020
  4. dotmarty Win User

Task Manager not working when the computer starts up

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager not working when the computer starts up

1. Task Manager not working when the computer starts up - Similar Threads - Task Manager working

2. Task manager "there are no start-up items to display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager "there are no start-up items to display": I have this problem, now i've seen other ppl have it and some fixes, but none of them work, some said just restore the folder which was 'deleted' some said recreate the folder, i did all of those folder tricks and more, but nothing has worked for me. now is there a fix that...
  3. Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task manager not responding, task bar freezes and setting start up menu not working with...: Hello ,my Task manager is not responding every time I try to open it, along with it any other programs are not working properly such as settings , personalization and many others it shows ms-settings not found.My laptop is also taking an unusual time while starting on. It is...
  4. PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?: I tried Malwarebytes they said "The service is not normal but the contents of the script seem normal. It's possible that it is/was some sort of Manufacturer setup script but not sure so I will remove it." then I re-installed my win10 but it still showing and removed it from...
  5. Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray: Hello, somebody can help me to achieve that? I really can't make it work, I did 1000 things but nothing works. Thanks!!!! 174599
  6. "Start" task in task-manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" task in task-manager: I want to ask if this task in the task-manager runs a malicious .exe file. File path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Start\MenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe I read on the Internet that this is either safe or evil and I don't know if I...
  7. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything in task manager spikes at start-up: Lately I've been having some problems with my pc being slow and not functioning properly. I've done a benchmark and It shows my SSD, which holds my windows10, is performing poorly. So what I wonder is how it affects games and such on my HDD? I'll make up a senario -...
  8. Windows crashes when task manager starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashes when task manager starts: Since I've updated to the Falls Update, whenever I start the task manager, it crashes Windows, unless, I uninstall my drivers. Also, this happens when a web-based app starts (as Discord, Google Chrome or Visual Studio/Code)......
  9. Windows start up and task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....
  10. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...