Windows 10: Task Manager not working

Discus and support Task Manager not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bruce1943, Aug 13, 2015.

1. bruce1943 Win User

Task Manager not working

When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response:

"C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2\5 - Task Manager.lnk

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I haven't been able to locate the program and am not sure where to find the correct program. I've searched the net but there's no mention of Windows 10.

Can anyone help, please.

Thanks,

Bruce

:)

bruce1943, Aug 13, 2015

2. Task manager not working

Open start and search for command prompt or cmd and right click and run it as administrator and then type:

sfc /scannow

And press enter and let it run and see what is the result?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Ben Boi Win User
    Task manager not working

My task manager has been crashing after a few seconds of opening, there's no error message but i found this in the controlpanel when i searched for the poroblem

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Programnamn: Taskmgr.exe

Programversion: 10.0.16299.248

Programtidsstämpel: c182202c

Namn på felmodul: StackHash_6196

Modulens version: 0.0.0.0

Tidsstämpel för felmodul: 00000000

Undantagsförskjutning: PCH_84_FROM_nvspcap64+0x000000000011B0C9

Undantagskod: c0000005

Undantagsdata: 0000000000000008

OS-version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.768.101

Språkvariant-ID: 1053

Ytterligare information 1: 6196

Ytterligare information 2: 61969a0519c696d1e667d2388b679018

Ytterligare information 3: 697b

Ytterligare information 4: 697bfb0cb1059b57b0a2f33d4583b983

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 75a307051882c128b2931c553807767b (1338444666596980347)

Any idea what to do?

Ben Boi, Aug 13, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Task Manager not working

The executable is taskmgr.exe and is in: C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe.
    Check to see if it's there.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  5. bruce1943 Win User
    I have checked and it is no there. The nearest name is Tasks. So maybe the program is not there.

bruce1943, Aug 13, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    If it's not there then your Windows is somehow corrupted. Try to run from Admin Command Prompt to see if it can fix the problem. Just copy and paste what I have below.

• Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • sfc /scannow

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Not the folder:

Task Manager not working [​IMG]

the .exe:

Task Manager not working [​IMG]

Way down near the bottom.

Edwin, Aug 13, 2015
  8. bruce1943 Win User

Task Manager not working

Thanks for that but I nwas wrong. The file is there - I didn't go far enough. However when double-clicked taskmgr I was told that Windows could not find the file I was double-clicking.

This appears to be an issue I have with several programs where double-clicking the destination file tells me it cannot be found and to check the spelling. Maybe I should feedback to Microsoft.

bruce1943, Aug 13, 2015
  9. bruce1943 Win User
    I am definitely clicking the application (.exe)

bruce1943, Aug 13, 2015
  10. bruce1943 Win User
    Looking back at in Systems32 I notice that the file Taskmgr.exe starts with a capital T and not lower case. Would this make a difference. I've tried to change it to no avail. Thanks

bruce1943, Aug 18, 2015
  11. bruce1943 Win User
    Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers *Smile

bruce1943, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager not working

1. Task Manager not working - Similar Threads - Task Manager working

2. Task Manager Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  3. Task Manager Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  4. Task Manager not working in Windows 11

Task Manager not working in Windows 11: The Task Manager on my Laptop suddenly stopped working. I have a Dell Inspiron7506 2n1 running the latest version of Windows 10.CPU speed indicates 100 % used even though no programs are running. When I switch the Performance Tab the application hangs up.I reinstalled Windows...
  5. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager not working: Hello !I recently discovered that, for some reason, my task manager won't work. It just shows the same values for usage. I already tried restarting the computerrunning an SFC scan 2 times, the first time it said something about it repaired something, the second time no...
  6. Task Manager not working

Task Manager not working: Hello !I recently discovered that, for some reason, my task manager won't work. It just shows the same values for usage. I already tried restarting the computerrunning an SFC scan 2 times, the first time it said something about it repaired something, the second time no...
  7. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager not working: My task manager does not load for some reason and its really troublesome for me https://reddit.com/link/j7cahe/video/pojewzu09vr51/player submitted by /u/DeathExotic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7cahe/task_manager_not_working/
  9. Task manager not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager not working.: Hi! My task manager is not working. When I open it, it keeps showing the same datas, the graphs doesn't show the processes. I tried to solve the problem with sfc and dism scan, and even with an antivirus scan. No success. Btw. The task manager works on the other accounts....
  10. Work time problem in task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Work time problem in task manager.: Hi. Few days ago I noticed a "bug"? In task manager. I mean that the CPU work time still working after I shutdown my PC. I checked this on my laptop and this problem exists too.. Just look at screen: [ATTACH] More interestingly. This time is reset after the PC has...