Windows 10: Task Manager only displaying icons under name

Discus and support Task Manager only displaying icons under name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just noticed this but task manager is no longer displaying names. Just the icon of the application. Any idea how to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brian Lancaster2, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Task Manager only displaying icons under name

I just noticed this but task manager is no longer displaying names. Just the icon of the application. Any idea how to fix this?

:)

Brian Lancaster2, Nov 29, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Nov 29, 2022
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Task Manager only displaying icons under name

Some icons will not display properly

Hi,

Having blank application icons on your desktop can be caused by many factors such as file corruption, icon cache issues, and more. To narrow down the issue, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you reset the Windows Explorer process from
    Task Manager which may correct this type of issue. Below are the steps to do it:

• Right-click on your task bar, then choose Task Manager.
    • Highlight Windows Explorer on the Processes
      tab.
    • Click Restart.

You can also try running the System File Checker tool and
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    with the steps on this
    link
    . This will scan and correct system file corruption which may be causing your icons to be blank.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Task Manager only displaying icons under name

1. Task Manager only displaying icons under name - Similar Threads - Task Manager displaying

2. Task Manager only displaying icons under name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager only displaying icons under name: I just noticed this but task manager is no longer displaying names. Just the icon of the application. Any idea how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-only-displaying-icons-under-name/a4ad59e3-3960-4d80-a500-7c5cad3c0e8d
  3. Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process.: Hi! Could anybody help me? Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process:I expect to see the process as "Bsmain32.exe", but the name is empty. If I close every Bsmain32 process and will starting them again - everything is OK.OS: Windows Server 2012 R2....
  4. Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process.: Hi! Could anybody help me? Sometimes task manager isn't displaying a name of process:I expect to see the process as "Bsmain32.exe", but the name is empty. If I close every Bsmain32 process and will starting them again - everything is OK.OS: Windows Server 2012 R2....
  5. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. This PC Icon has gone blank No Name, Only Icon is displayed .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC Icon has gone blank No Name, Only Icon is displayed .: As Shown in the picture, the "This PC" icon is blank, and it looks so annoying, I hope that I would find a solution here. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-icon-has-gone-blank-no-name-only-icon-is/2065dd8c-3f79-456b-9fbd-bdcb4b5495f3
  9. Cuda not under task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cuda not under task manager: Hi there, I have a Gtx that nvidias website says is supported indeed by CUDA,Ihave the very latest nvidia card & I dowloaded latest CUDA for windows 10 pro, yet 'CUDA ' word doesn't show up under GPU graph, or any graph , in task manager. Any idea? I need CUDA to make...
  10. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...