Windows 10: Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

Discus and support Task manager only shows half of cores and threads in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In my PC, i have an i7 2600k, a 4 core 8 thread processor. I have all cores and hyper threading enabled, but task manager says I have 2 cores and 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nbalmbot, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

In my PC, i have an i7 2600k, a 4 core 8 thread processor. I have all cores and hyper threading enabled, but task manager says I have 2 cores and 4 logic's processors, or 4 threads. I have already tried changing msconfig boot settings. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

submitted by /u/nbalmbot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nbalmbot, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

Hi Jim, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

Try these steps, which may make Task Manager show the correct amount of cores:

- Click Start and search for msconfig.

- Select System Configuration.

- In the Boot tab, click on Advanced Options.

- You should see an option to set the number of cores. Change this to the correct amount, click OK then reboot.

Hopefully Task Manager should show the correct number now. Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

Why does windows 10 only show one of my dual cores in the task manager, yet both cores in device manager?

JimElfman1, Mar 26, 2020
  4. redhonker Win User

Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

Why does Task Manger shows half of the cores?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

AMD FX 8320 E processor with 16 GB RAM

In Task Manager performance tab, it shows

CPU AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor

Cores: 4

Logical processors: 8

In Device Manager, it shows 8 under Processor

What is going on?

Thanks

redhonker, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Task manager only shows half of cores and threads

1. Task manager only shows half of cores and threads - Similar Threads - Task manager shows

2. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.: I just installed Windows 10 onto my system. I haven't changed any hardware from the previous Windows installation. I've tried the msconfig advanced boot options method and my bios says that all 8 cores are enabled. Are there any other options to try? This is my hardware...
  4. Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.

Windows 10 Task Manager only showing half my cores.: Why does windows 10 only show one of my dual cores in the task manager, yet both cores in device manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-manager-only-showing-half-my-cores/a7130d93-c707-4c7e-9c3a-47b034eaa262
  5. Task manager show 100% disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager show 100% disk: My task manager shows 100% disk in process tab and my pc isn't booting fast as it was earlier i formatted the pc and reinstalled but the same thing again i can't play games...
  6. task manager showing 100% usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager showing 100% usage: my task manger is showing 100% usage and laptop is very slow to start edition : windows 10 version: 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-manager-showing-100-usage/a5f5844d-35b2-4f0f-ac73-db87ba2baa8e
  7. Task Manager shows single CPU

Task Manager shows single CPU: Hi My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10? Thanks Daniel 74373
  8. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...
  9. CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU 100% load and Boost in task manager but only task manager: I have attached a screenshot of my CPU usage in programs and usage monitors below. I am extremely fed up at this point so hopefully this post will make sense *Smile The problem I have noticed my CPU usage in task manager is always 100% and the boost is always around the...
  10. Task Manager showing Intel Core i5-2500K operating at 5.29GHz??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager showing Intel Core i5-2500K operating at 5.29GHz??: Since I skipped Windows 8, I didn't get to use its new task manager. But now that I'm on 10, I'm heavily enjoying this AMAZING new task manager. However, I just noticed (not sure how I didn't see this before) that Task Manager is showing that my i5-2500K is running at...