Windows 10: Task Manager opening issues

Discus and support Task Manager opening issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Third time attempting to post this question. I wish Microsoft would stop logging me out so I don’t have to keep typing this from scratch. I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Task Manager opening issues

Third time attempting to post this question. I wish Microsoft would stop logging me out so I don’t have to keep typing this from scratch.

I am having issues opening Task Manager with increasing frequency on a new PC.

The error that comes up is ‘The procedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe’.

Task Manager opening issues cc3eeffa-fc93-4049-a093-cf0c3eb807a5?upload=true.png

Wait around long enough, and attempt opening enough times, the error later becomes ‘C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe / The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.’

Task Manager opening issues 18c3d452-cf31-470b-aa91-9ccb95dd8843?upload=true.png

Then, wait even more minutes, Task Manager will open as though nothing was wrong.

I know the usual response is to run DISM and do a system health check, or even restore Windows, but considering Task Manager actually comes right without doing either, what is actually happening here and how can we prevent these errors?

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Apr 19, 2019

2. Scroll issues in Task Manager, Windows 10

steps to reproduce the problem

1. open task manager
    2. click on more details if its not
    3. go to performance tab
    4. decrease its height till it has two scrolls for the two sections
    5. hover over the right section (CPU, Memory, …) and try to scroll

what is expected to happen

the right section to scroll

what went wrong

the left section is scrolling instead

***Modified Title from: can't scroll task manager***

robertisaac, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Open Task Manager in Windows 10

In tablet mode, long pressing the windows icon in the task bar will pop up (at release) a menu like that in step 4 above. There the Task Manager is available.

None of the above described ways to open the Task Manager seem to work in tablet mode. Does anyone know? I cannot for my life figure it out, either I'm plain stupid or MS is playing tricks on us...
    Thanks.

OppfinnarJocke, Apr 19, 2019
  4. RevoLand Win User

Task Manager opening issues

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager v1.5 just released:
    Latest release on GitHub

RevoLand, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager opening issues

1. Task Manager opening issues - Similar Threads - Task Manager opening

2. Task Manager Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Issue: Dear Team,My PC missing with some important columns CPU, Memory, Disk, GPU when Task Manager-->Process windows opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-issue/0e118bb5-1e0b-43a8-9731-d94df8e7bdc0
  3. Task Manager Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Issue: Dear Team,My PC missing with some important columns CPU, Memory, Disk, GPU when Task Manager-->Process windows opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-issue/0e118bb5-1e0b-43a8-9731-d94df8e7bdc0
  4. Task Manager issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager issue: I am a windows 11 home insider and I am running the latest build, I have noticed a weird bug: when I open task manager and click on the performance tab the task manager closes itself. I ve run sfc and it didnt find any integrity violations. I want to ask if this is an issue...
  5. Task Manager issue

Task Manager issue: I am a windows 11 home insider and I am running the latest build, I have noticed a weird bug: when I open task manager and click on the performance tab the task manager closes itself. I ve run sfc and it didnt find any integrity violations. I want to ask if this is an issue...
  6. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  7. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  8. Task manager not opening

9. Task Manager Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Issue: [ATTACH] Is this normal? i feel like my task manager did never had this millisecond delay https://i.redd.it/totr68ye35851.gif submitted by /u/saimdeniz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hizrzj/task_manager_issue/
  10. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...