Windows 10: Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

Discus and support Task manager opens and then imediately closes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just built my first pc, and installed windows 10 this morning. I then installed google chrome and streamlabs obs. Those are the only three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanTavares, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

I have just built my first pc, and installed windows 10 this morning. I then installed google chrome and streamlabs obs. Those are the only three programs that i installed on this hard drive and No problems were present. I left my computer up for about an hour and came back, and my mouse was lagging slightly. I tried to open up task manager to diagnose what was wrong, and it pulls up the screen for a second, and displays a message “no apps are running” and then it closes immediately. I then ran the comand prompt sfc/scannow and it said there were corrupted files that could not be fixed. . . Is it normal for a fresh install of windows 10 to be corrupted? Did i do something incorrect that caused this issue?

pc specs:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 2600X WRAITHS

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M AM4

Gpu: GIGABYTE RX590 GAMING 8G REV 2.0

G.SKILL 16GB 2X8 DDR4 3000 KIT

:)

NathanTavares, Dec 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 Task Manager opens and closes instantly?

Hello,

One of the possible causes why you can't open the Task Manager is due to some task which is running in background. Having said
    that, we suggest performing the suggestions posted by Singh Sarandeep in this
    thread
    . Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Note that the information in the thread applies to Windows 8.1, but still applicable to Windows 10.

Michelle Vil, Dec 1, 2019
  3. jabrimaha Win User
    windows 10 can't open configuration panel and if i open a file it closes imediately.

hello everybody , i installed windows 10 upgrade on my computer and i can't open configuration panel and if i open a file it closes imediately. if anyone knows how to solve this please help me ????????

jabrimaha, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

Task Manager Automatically Closes Windows 10!

Hi Evnul,

There are several reasons why the Task Manager automatically closes when opening. These may include the recent changes made on your computer or there is a corruption on your user profile. Answering the following questions may help us in uncovering the underlying
    cause of the issue:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried creating a temporary user profile to isolate the issue?
    • Just to verify, is your computer shutting down when you are accessing the Task Manager or the Task Manager closes itself?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when this happens?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

1. Task manager opens and then imediately closes. - Similar Threads - Task manager opens

2. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  3. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager closes automatically.: So I just updated windows 10 recently, due to a power outage the update was unable to install.Then I updated it after the restart, when i open task manager it opens up and when I click on any tab like 'details','services',etc it just stops responding and closes.Then I tried...
  4. Task manager closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager

Win11 Task Manager crashes when closing Task Manager: GDay All,I have an issue with Task Manager. Whenever I try to close Task Manager it hangs and will not close. Clicking on the close button several times will eventually show the 'not responding' message and it will then pop up a dialogue allowing you to close the program or...
  6. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  7. Task manager opens for a second then closes

Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  8. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Task Manager keeps closing seconds after opening it.

Task Manager keeps closing seconds after opening it.: I tried everything I couldWindows 10 reinstallingvirus scanningat one point I system restore which fixed it but it comes backI even had a moment when it stopped syncing my account and it still not fixed it.there was this adminstrator account and I somehow got OpenVPN despite...
  10. Task manager closes unsolicited

Task manager closes unsolicited: Hello, since yesterday's Windows 10 update, my task manager which I am used to keep always open suddenly closes and disappears from time to time. This is accompagnied by a noice of the processor which stops only after I reopen the taskmanager manually again. I already...