Windows 10: Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

Discus and support Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I've been having some problems with task manager showing a very high RAM usage even when there isn't any app running. https://imgur.com/a/9cnqJHy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheCringeLordx, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

Hi

I've been having some problems with task manager showing a very high RAM usage even when there isn't any app running.

https://imgur.com/a/9cnqJHy

You can clearly see that 491MBs of RAM used by firefox shouldn't be 25.2% out of 8GB of RAM.

My computer has also been a lot slower for a while. Can this be solved, or is it caused by malware?

submitted by /u/TheCringeLordx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheCringeLordx, Jul 13, 2020
  2. knute97 Win User

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jul 13, 2020
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

I did perform a clean boot and my RAM usage has been steady and below 70%, whereas previously I was topping out at 87%.

Now I am trying to find out what, if anything, I am missing. So far, everything is running that I use frequently.

A little worried about my McAfee antivirus programs running against Windows Defender. Any suggestion??

I also am curious what was causing the RAM leakage, but I guess I will have to reactivate programs incrementally.

knute97, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

Windows RAM usage actual and Task Manager not matching.

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 right now and I had used 8 and 8.1 too on my laptop having a 4GB RAM. Whenever I the task manager and check the memory usage, it shows less than 30% of the 4GB ram I had. But still, it shows 70-90% always. Even I had checked
    the tab of Users, there is only one user and the total memory usage was around 700 - 900 MB, but the percentage above was showing 70-90%.

When I close almost all applications, the RAM usage was like this:

Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage 7e5cbefe-c34e-4df7-9363-b11e926f5f7c.jpg

175 MB out of 3.88 GB usable RAM -> 50% ?

Why is this happening?

Is there anything I could do to avoid this and get my laptop back to normal?

SudhamsuRSR, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

1. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage - Similar Threads - Task Manager percent

2. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  3. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  4. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

6. Task Manager Percent Usages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Percent Usages: Within my Task Manager, I'm always peaking 60% memory and 60% CPU usage whilst playing a game example: Roblox.Is this normal? Second, whenever I'm scanning with Malwarebytes and McAfee, the CPU and Disk cap at 100! It's outrageous and is definitely doing something to my PC...
  7. Task Manager Percent Usages

Task Manager Percent Usages: Within my Task Manager, I'm always peaking 60% memory and 60% CPU usage whilst playing a game example: Roblox.Is this normal? Second, whenever I'm scanning with Malwarebytes and McAfee, the CPU and Disk cap at 100! It's outrageous and is definitely doing something to my PC...
  8. RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager: I only have a few programs open but my RAM is sitting at 75%: https://i.imgur.com/VhLQDb3.png The software I have open doesn't even add up to close to this value: https://i.imgur.com/XbdZmAd.png RAMMap shows this too: https://i.imgur.com/vtrfqCF.png But I'm not sure what...
  9. Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different RAM usage Values on Windows 10 on the task managerwhy?: I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to Fix it. So basically, why do I see 5.4GB used on the performance tab and approximately 1.7 GB on the Users tab? Performance...
  10. RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist: Task Manager shows that I'm using 17.5 GB of RAM, but if I run the following from a command prompt: > tasklist /FO csv load the CSV file into excel, then total the Mem Usage column, it only adds up to 8.25 GB. What is using the extra 8.75 GB and why isn't this broken out...