Windows 10: Task Manager Performance tab shows drive C: usage at 89% always.

Discus and support Task Manager Performance tab shows drive C: usage at 89% always. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro system with all updates installed. The Task Manager Performance tab shows C: usage at 89% all of the time with only slight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bazsl1, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Bazsl1 Win User

Task Manager Performance tab shows drive C: usage at 89% always.

I have a Windows 10 Pro system with all updates installed. The Task Manager Performance tab shows C: usage at 89% all of the time with only slight variations in the percentage. The Processes tab shows disk usage at about 40%. The only process using the disk is System.

Disk defragmentation is disabled. File indexing is disabled. There are only five apps listed on the Startup tab including OneDrive and Windows Security Notifications. I have disabled the other three with no change in C: usage.

I have other PCs running the same version of Windows that do not have this problem. The only thing that is unique about the system with the problem is that C: is a software RAID 1 array consisting of two identical 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 in Disk Manager. Is it normal for Task Manager to show continuous disk access for a Windows RAID 1 array? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

:)

Bazsl1, Sep 19, 2019

2. Windows Task Manager showing 0 Mbps network usage

Hello,

My task manager is showing 0 Mbps network usage per process (In process tab) despite it saying 2% used for example.

Resource monitor shows networks usage as well as the Performance tab on task manager.

Can someone please help fix this?

Thanks,

Rami

RamiHammoud, Sep 19, 2019
  3. mdhillyer Win User
    Task manager not showing complete memory usage?

Hi, I have 4GB of DDR3 ram on my laptop. When I go into the task manager to check how much ram is being used, it says only 795MB and yet it also says that 94% is being used.

This is always the case, of course with varying numbers. The memory usage shown does not coordinate with the percentage, but the computer performance certainly correlates with the percentage.

When I check in cpu-z, it does confirm that the 4GB are all installed. What is going on here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Updated with pics:

Task Manager Performance tab shows drive C: usage at 89% always. [​IMG]

Update #2:
    Ah, I missed the performance tab which does indeed show all of the correct total amount of ram being used. Now how do I find all of the individual processes and services using those resources?

mdhillyer, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Meisha Win User

Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs

I would like to set my Task Manager's Performance tab to show the graphs for each of the logical processors, but when I set it to show Logical Processors, it only shows them as empty boxes with percentages in text on each one, and they flash between white, light blue and darker blue, according to the usage. However, in Windows 7, I could see graphs that gave me a much better idea of what was going on. I did a search, and the article I found said that just setting it to Logical Processors should show the graphs like Windows 7, but it doesn't. I'm just getting the empty boxes. I tried rendering a file to see if it was only because it wasn't busy enough, but no change. Could anyone please tell me if there's another setting I need to change somewhere to get the graphs to show, or what might be the problem? Thank you!

Meisha, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Task Manager Performance tab shows drive C: usage at 89% always. - Similar Threads - Task Manager Performance

2. Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager: Hi,As the title states, Wifi throughput is not displayed in Task Manager when viewing the "Performance" tab. How can I activate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-showing-in-performance-tab-in-task/d6e124e1-b60f-406c-9afc-fc19bf499a5f
  3. Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not showing in Performance tab in Task Manager: Hi,As the title states, Wifi throughput is not displayed in Task Manager when viewing the "Performance" tab. How can I activate this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-showing-in-performance-tab-in-task/d6e124e1-b60f-406c-9afc-fc19bf499a5f
  4. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  5. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  6. GPU not show in tab Performance in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU not show in tab Performance in Task Manager: [ATTACH] At tab Performance in Task Manager, I not found GPU performance. I checked driver of GPU in device manager, all are latest version. How to fix that? Thank you everyone for reading...
  7. No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bluetooth Graph in Performance tab of Task Manager: I have my BT on and running, and it's also showing in the tray icon.But why it's not showing in task manager as it show's in other PCs.What will I have to do to make it show in there?Thanks in advance....
  8. Task manager is showing 100% disc usage under performance, but the process tab shows there...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager is showing 100% disc usage under performance, but the process tab shows there...: Title submitted by /u/SetzarothTV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpeitx/task_manager_is_showing_100_disc_usage_under/
  9. Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs: I would like to set my Task Manager's Performance tab to show the graphs for each of the logical processors, but when I set it to show Logical Processors, it only shows them as empty boxes with percentages in text on each one, and they flash between white, light blue and...
  10. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...