Windows 10: Task Manager/PIDs

Discus and support Task Manager/PIDs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Our IDS was giving us an alert about some clients connecting to external hosts over http. I went into a host and I ran an netstat -ano | find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JakeFromIowa, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Task Manager/PIDs

Hello,

Our IDS was giving us an alert about some clients connecting to external hosts over http. I went into a host and I ran an netstat -ano | find ":80" and i was able to see the connection to the external address with an established connection. I got the PID, and went over to Task Manager. The PID that was linked to this connection was not showing up in Task Manager. Would there be a reason for this? Anywhere/any other way I can figure out what application or service is using that PID?

Thank you

submitted by /u/JakeFromIowa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JakeFromIowa, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Query to enable PID in task manager

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps to enable PID(Process identifier) in task manager.

a: Open Task Manager.

b: Click the processes tab.

c: Right click on the column where it's mentioned name and click
    PID.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Query to enable PID in task manager

Original title: PID's

Why would I have a PID in Resource Monitor, but not in Task Manager?

MatthewScottParker, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Task Manager/PIDs

Cant find process identifier in Task Manager (PID)

Hi Ajay,

It's odd for the processes that's running on your computer not to match in command prompt and in task manager. For us to have a better understanding on your concern, can you provide us a screenshot of the PID that you're referring to in command prompt and
    the Details tab in task manager?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check or replicate the concern in other user profile on your computer. You may create one if there's none.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager/PIDs

1. Task Manager/PIDs - Similar Threads - Task Manager PIDs

2. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  3. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  4. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: Hello!I don't know what type of problem this is.When I go to task manager, my CPU is 100%, then after 2-3 seconds it goes back to my actual CPU which is 2-5%.Sometimes, my CPU goes at a random number and then resets back to my usual CPU.Is this normal?Thanks....
  5. Established PID in CMD but not found in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Established PID in CMD but not found in Task Manager: Skimming through Established connections trying to eliminate unnecessary processes and I came across 2 Established PID's 8754 &3600 that are not found in the Task Manager or in the Process Explorer. I'm not sure what this would mean and I'm unsure what the connection even is...
  6. PID customizer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PID customizer: I wanted to make a script that can customize a pid of its own, PID or Process ID is a random digit number, and no matter what I find in the net i cannot make a custom PID, any built in commands to do so...
  7. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager: when i open task manager. the heading firefox, lists five copies are running. there is only one that should be running. how do i remove the other four https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ac15ee37-c4a3-428f-97b5-784a3b7f8951
  9. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  10. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d