Windows 10: Task Manager Pop-Up Error

Discus and support Task Manager Pop-Up Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; From a client of mine: I keep getting a message that comes up on my screen and I don’t know how to get rid of it- “C:Windows\system32\taskmanager.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dancurranjr, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Task Manager Pop-Up Error

From a client of mine:

I keep getting a message that comes up on my screen and I don’t know how to get rid of it-

“C:Windows\system32\taskmanager.exe

Operation returned because the timeout period expired.”

I can’t get into task manager either.

I verified is looks like a legit Windows popup message. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/dancurranjr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dancurranjr, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 13, 2020
  3. task manager

Hi Rebecca,

We'd like to know more information about this Task Manager issue you're experiencing. For us to better assist and isolate this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error messages?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Task Manager Pop-Up Error

Open Task Manager in Windows 10

In tablet mode, long pressing the windows icon in the task bar will pop up (at release) a menu like that in step 4 above. There the Task Manager is available.

None of the above described ways to open the Task Manager seem to work in tablet mode. Does anyone know? I cannot for my life figure it out, either I'm plain stupid or MS is playing tricks on us...
    Thanks.

OppfinnarJocke, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager Pop-Up Error

1. Task Manager Pop-Up Error - Similar Threads - Task Manager Pop

2. task manager will not pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager will not pop up: on win 11, just realized todaySourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: taskmgr.exeApplication Version:...
  3. task manager will not pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager will not pop up: on win 11, just realized todaySourceTask ManagerSummaryStopped workingDate‎4/‎8/‎2023 4:46 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\Taskmgr.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: taskmgr.exeApplication Version:...
  4. Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager: One of the WMI Provider hosts uses low CPU usage, however, a second one uses almost 30-20% of my CPU, and oddly drops in usage when I open task manager. I'm wondering why....
  5. Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager

Two WMI Provider Hosts popping up on Task Manager: One of the WMI Provider hosts uses low CPU usage, however, a second one uses almost 30-20% of my CPU, and oddly drops in usage when I open task manager. I'm wondering why....
  6. Task Bar Pop Ups Cropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Pop Ups Cropped: Windows 11 task bar pops up such as volume and wifi panels are being cropped out at the same position - as shown below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-pop-ups-cropped/c493b778-bbce-4009-a11d-bf00e36acb1c
  7. Task Bar Pop Ups Cropped

Task Bar Pop Ups Cropped: Windows 11 task bar pops up such as volume and wifi panels are being cropped out at the same position - as shown below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-pop-ups-cropped/c493b778-bbce-4009-a11d-bf00e36acb1c
  8. Task manager error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager error: Hello thereToday i factory reset my laptop But after the factory reset the disk usage in task manager is showing 0 all the timeeven when in use In the resource monitor and dragon center it is showing that the disk is being used normally But its zero in the processes tab and...
  9. Task Manager not adding up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager not adding up: I have 4 GB of RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-adding-up/bd0eeff4-3b6c-4c65-afd4-aea8b9dbbde8
  10. Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Application Keeps Popping Up In Task Manager: Hi, this problem has been going on for a while now. Theres a suspicious application that constantly keeps opening up by itself called Blanking. This suspicious application starts playing audio advertisements and multiplies on my laptop. Any way I can stop it from happening...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find error pop up in task manager