Windows 10: Task Manager problem after 1809 update

Discus and support Task Manager problem after 1809 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While I have no problem losing files (as some have had) after updating with 1809, the Task Manager shows the left hand arrow for expanding an item... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Howard Moore, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Task Manager problem after 1809 update

While I have no problem losing files (as some have had) after updating with 1809, the Task Manager shows the left hand arrow for expanding an item flashes on and off for different items some losing the arrow while others show it alternately. An item can only be expanded while the arrow is showing, this continual 1 second change is frustrating.

Other users I've spoken to have the same problem.

I made a 10 second MPEG video (size 700KB) which shows the problem. You can download it here:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~howmor/Files/Record_2018_10_13_11_42_51_60.mpg

:)

Howard Moore, Oct 12, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update hangs with blank screen

Hello,

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Crtl + alt + Delete key on your keyboard to open task manager.

• Cancel the Windows Update task form the task manager.
    Step 2:

• Run Windows Update Troubleshooter. Click this
      link:

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Task Manager problem after 1809 update

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager problem after 1809 update

1. Task Manager problem after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Task Manager problem

2. Task Manager problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager problems.: After the recent update, The main problem is with Task Manager:- 1 When I open the task manager I cannot switch to other apps open in the background, as we normally hover the cursor over the background app and it appears over the all above. Still, when an opened task manager...
  3. Task Manager problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager problem: I am having problem to open task manager.When I open it,most often it crashes and restarts pc automatically.On the screen,there is a text''Your pc ran into problems".I want the reason and the solution.Kindly help me....
  4. Task Manager Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Problem: Hello Guys. Yesterday when i installing the latest update i see that when i connect my smartphone on the pc and use like Realtek NDIS compatible device my task manager stop refreshing the information....
  5. Task Manager problems

Task Manager problems: When I launch my task manager i don't see the list of all my programs. Some are listed, others are blank spaces. What gives? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-problems/b1ee71a0-1211-491b-b32f-d97d5dff3d45
  6. Update causes task manager problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Update causes task manager problems: After logging on yesterday, I got the 'Updating Windows' message. along with the whirlygig, after it was finished the Task Manager did not function. IF I clicked on one of the icons, nothing would happen. This also affected the window icon in the lower left corner of the...
  7. Update causes task manager problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causes task manager problems: After logging on yesterday, I got the 'Updating Windows' message. along with the whirlygig, after it was finished the Task Manager did not function. IF I clicked on one of the icons, nothing would happen. This also affected the window icon in the lower left corner of the...
  8. Problem with task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager: I don't know if my PC bad at Math or something wrong with my CPU % usage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-task-manager/7322ec02-5e12-4d3a-ade2-0619152f0ef5
  9. task manager problem

task manager problem: hello, my problem is that in the task manager, in the process part the percentage of use of the network remains at zero while I use the network. thank you, waiting for your reply...
  10. Task Manager problem

Task Manager problem: [ATTACH]Task manager cannot see the MAIN apps running such as chrome, discord, and games. I'm using Window 10. Pls reply as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-manager-problem/bbfcdb77-0355-4e44-a238-523a96d02a3f