Windows 10: Task Manager Problem.

Discus and support Task Manager Problem. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Running W10, fully patched. I have set a simple batch file to run in Task Manager to perform a copy of some files to a backup drive each night.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arnak, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Arnak Win User

Task Manager Problem.

Hi,

Running W10, fully patched.

I have set a simple batch file to run in Task Manager to perform a copy of some files to a backup drive each night.

Once set up I go into the task to change it to run when a user is not logged and use the highest privileges.

Also, I add the administrator to the group so that it can run as that user.

That then asks me for the admin password which I put in then press OK and the following error reported is 2147943731 .

There is only myself listed on this PC so I am the administrator.

Can anyone advise me why that error is occurring, please?

Thanks,

Martin

:)

Arnak, Jan 10, 2020

2. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Jan 10, 2020
  3. bruce1943 Win User
    Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers Task Manager Problem. :)

bruce1943, Jan 10, 2020
  4. dotmarty Win User

Task Manager Problem.

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Task Manager Problem.

1. Task Manager Problem. - Similar Threads - Task Manager Problem

2. Minimized Task Manager Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minimized Task Manager Problem: I have a strange problem with the Task Manager application. When I open it, it does not open on screen, but remains on the Task Bar in a minimized state. What is going on? How do I restore it?...
  3. Work time problem in task manager.

Work time problem in task manager.: Hi. Few days ago I noticed a "bug"? In task manager. I mean that the CPU work time still working after I shutdown my PC. I checked this on my laptop and this problem exists too.. Just look at screen: [ATTACH] More interestingly. This time is reset after the PC has...
  4. Task Manager problems

Task Manager problems: When I launch my task manager i don't see the list of all my programs. Some are listed, others are blank spaces. What gives? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-problems/b1ee71a0-1211-491b-b32f-d97d5dff3d45
  5. Update causes task manager problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Update causes task manager problems: After logging on yesterday, I got the 'Updating Windows' message. along with the whirlygig, after it was finished the Task Manager did not function. IF I clicked on one of the icons, nothing would happen. This also affected the window icon in the lower left corner of the...
  6. Update causes task manager problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update causes task manager problems: After logging on yesterday, I got the 'Updating Windows' message. along with the whirlygig, after it was finished the Task Manager did not function. IF I clicked on one of the icons, nothing would happen. This also affected the window icon in the lower left corner of the...
  7. End Task Problem. Task Manager.

End Task Problem. Task Manager.: My dad was press the "end task" button and the all of the function (like speakers, search button etc) and opening documents doesn't work anymore. I tried to search some information about these problem but I don't understand very well what I have to do. Please help me to...
  8. Problem with task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager: I don't know if my PC bad at Math or something wrong with my CPU % usage [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-task-manager/7322ec02-5e12-4d3a-ade2-0619152f0ef5
  9. task manager problem

task manager problem: hello, my problem is that in the task manager, in the process part the percentage of use of the network remains at zero while I use the network. thank you, waiting for your reply...
  10. Task Manager problem

Task Manager problem: [ATTACH]Task manager cannot see the MAIN apps running such as chrome, discord, and games. I'm using Window 10. Pls reply as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-manager-problem/bbfcdb77-0355-4e44-a238-523a96d02a3f