Windows 10: task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage

Discus and support task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 64-bits is using 3 GB ram out of 6 GB without any program open and the summation of each process's ram usage doesn't add up to 3 GB is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mohamed.Qadi, Jan 11, 2020.

1. task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage

windows 10 64-bits is using 3 GB ram out of 6 GB without any program open and the summation of each process's ram usage doesn't add up to 3 GB is this a normal thing?

:)

Mohamed.Qadi, Jan 11, 2020
  2. knute97 Win User

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jan 11, 2020
  3. How to see RAM usage from processes that don't appear in the Task Manager?

I know that not all processes appear in the Task Manager. However, I am curious about the complete breakdown of my RAM usage, so I would like to view the RAM usage of all processes. How do I do this?

Silas Reel, Jan 11, 2020
  4. task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage

1. task manager processes don't add up to total ram usage - Similar Threads - task manager processes

2. Why does task manager's ram usage doesn't add up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does task manager's ram usage doesn't add up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alwayslonelygaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16mt0ro/why_does_task_managers_ram_usage_doesnt_add_up/
  3. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  4. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage: I'm using a brand new Dell G15 5520 with 16 GB of RAM and the overall uasage seems a bit high, plus the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage. The RAM percentages seems to be relative to 8GB of RAM, when in fact I have 16 I checked it at Settings -> System...
  5. In the Task Manager, the RAM percentage usage doesn't match the RAM value usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager

RAM usage doesn't add up in task manager: I only have a few programs open but my RAM is sitting at 75%: https://i.imgur.com/VhLQDb3.png The software I have open doesn't even add up to close to this value: https://i.imgur.com/XbdZmAd.png RAMMap shows this too: https://i.imgur.com/vtrfqCF.png But I'm not sure what...
  7. Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage

Task Manager percent RAM usage doesn't correspond with value RAM usage: Hi I've been having some problems with task manager showing a very high RAM usage even when there isn't any app running. https://imgur.com/a/9cnqJHy You can clearly see that 491MBs of RAM used by firefox shouldn't be 25.2% out of 8GB of RAM. My computer has also been a...
  8. High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up

High Ram Usage But Process Usage Don't Add up: Hey everyone I've been having this problem for a long time where I don't know what to do where my ram usage is very high while the programs' usages don't add up to it This happens all the time while I'm casually browsing on Edge or Chrome and it would reach 60-70% where I...
  9. RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist

RAM Usage: Task Manager vs tasklist: Task Manager shows that I'm using 17.5 GB of RAM, but if I run the following from a command prompt: > tasklist /FO csv load the CSV file into excel, then total the Mem Usage column, it only adds up to 8.25 GB. What is using the extra 8.75 GB and why isn't this broken out...
  10. RAM usage total discrepancy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage total discrepancy: Why is this? The total ram usage from users is just 8 GB while total RAM in use is more than 13 GB, which is more than a 5 GB discrepancy. Always it is the same, there is a gap ranging from 4 GB to 6GB. The shared GPU memory at the time was 0.5 GB. Even though I turn off the...