Windows 10: Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

Discus and support Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just did a fresh install of windows 11 and noticed my task manager isn't showing all the info in the processes page, all I can see is the CPU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Wilkinson2, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

Just did a fresh install of windows 11 and noticed my task manager isn't showing all the info in the processes page, all I can see is the CPU and Memory sections, but in the processes tab everything is there, this is especially annoying as svchost is continuously downloading stuff and I cant end it. please help

:)

Matthew Wilkinson2, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Bradmph Win User

Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

Hello,

In my main system I have a process going that I don't understand. I have 2 computers sitting side by side and when I located this anomaly in my main system, I checked my 2nd system and it showed a different set of information.
    I will post the screen snaps here below of each.

This first one is from my main computer I use continuously.
    This image shows what seems to be nothing going on with the Memory Compression and I wonder why it is even in the task listings.

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory 129167d1491757148t-task-manager-memory-compression-process-animation2.gif

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory 129170d1491757717t-task-manager-memory-compression-process-animation4.gif

This second one is my Security Surveillance system running 24/7
    It definitely shows a different set of memory numbers on this image of the Memory Compression. Much more then the above image.

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory 129168d1491757167t-task-manager-memory-compression-process-animation1.gif

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory 129171d1491757734t-task-manager-memory-compression-process-animation3.gif

Do I need this listing in my system. In the main system task it looks like it is doing nothing, yet in my security system computer, it has much more information given. What does this task do for the computer?

Thanks for your time

Bradmph, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Bradmph Win User
    Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

I'm Sorry, I forgot I was using Windows 10 Manager Version 2.07 for the information I posted.
    I also decided to run the memory compression check again and strangely I am getting some numbers from it on my user computer system. Here are the results that showed up.

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory 129445d1491898632t-task-manager-memory-compression-process-animation1.gif

So, I guess the system is using the compression as it should since now there are some numbers being listed.

Bradmph, Feb 28, 2024
  4. weirddave Win User

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

CPU @ 100% in Task Manager.. but in error

Sailindawg, did Resource Monitor show some silly high % use, in the millions/billions? Does the 'Details' tab in Task Manager show 'System Idle Process' normal? It does sound like you have the same issue, I've still not fixed it. You might be lucky and a BIOS update works for you as it has others, I'm stuck on the B2 stepping which means I can't upgrade the BIOS *Sad

MrPumpkin, what process does task manager say is using the most CPU usage?

weirddave, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

1. Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory - Similar Threads - Task Manager Processes

2. Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory: Just did a fresh install of windows 11 and noticed my task manager isn't showing all the info in the processes page, all I can see is the CPU and Memory sections, but in the processes tab everything is there, this is especially annoying as svchost is continuously downloading...
  3. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  4. Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes

Task Manager - Performance memory usage higher than Processes: So I've just installed Windows 11 on my new laptop, and have been installing all the drivers and programs I need. When going to the task manager, I noticed that my memory usage in the Performance tab of Task Manager is aroud 6 gb, but in the Processes tab, it only adds up to...
  5. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  6. My task manager is not showing anything.

My task manager is not showing anything.: My task manager is not showing any menu or tabs. It is just showing the active tasks. I have attached the picture. I tried several methods from this article but unfortunately, nothing worked. Kindly suggest a solution. My OS is Windows 10 Pro....
  7. My task manager is not showing anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats: Hayo A while ago I was running an overclocking configuration on AMD Ryzen Master which, besides glitching Windows magnificently, generated a kind of error that lasts even after three complete reinstalls of Windows. The overclocking situation has already been resolved,...
  9. Task Manager showing higher CPU than sum of all processes- malware?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager showing higher CPU than sum of all processes- malware?: My computer’s task manager has always shown a higher cpu than the sum of all the processes being used. It’s been like this for a long time and I thought it was normal, but after norton blocked a coinminer from a website that used adobe flash I began to think that I have...
  10. Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?: Hello, In my main system I have a process going that I don't understand. I have 2 computers sitting side by side and when I located this anomaly in my main system, I checked my 2nd system and it showed a different set of information. I will post the screen snaps here...