Windows 10: Task manager reading incorrect %'s

Discus and support Task manager reading incorrect %'s in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the specs about my pc that matter: ryzen 5 3600, msi max b450 tomahawk, gtx 1070 While playing gta 5, i expect 100% gpu usage and 40% cpu usage. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClancyHarm, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Task manager reading incorrect %'s

So the specs about my pc that matter: ryzen 5 3600, msi max b450 tomahawk, gtx 1070
    While playing gta 5, i expect 100% gpu usage and 40% cpu usage. But according to task manager, im getting 100% on all 12 threads. And my gpu stays at a very low %. But when using rivatuner, it shows about 35% cpu usage and 95% gpu usage. This has happened countless times at this point, and actually is affecting my performance. When out of gta 5, maybe googling something, i notice a lot of input delay, from high cpu usage, when in fact i'm only at 35%. Maybe microsoft should get their **** together, and either fix this problem, or try getting a partnership with rivatuner to get a more accurate reading of your hardware usage. My storage is fine, a samsung 860 QVO, and my drivers are all up to date. My bios is at the latest version, the only thing wrong is task manager itself. Task manager reading incorrect %'s 360ad067-d115-41d4-9037-0e89f519bc2e?upload=true.png

:)

ClancyHarm, Jan 20, 2020

2. INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

I just reinstall my windows 10. Then after checking task manager the cpu reading shows 1% utilization at 2.40GHz. Somebody tell me how to fix this incorrect cpu frequency reading ?

MuhammadLuqmanH, Jan 20, 2020
  3. dgordon42 Win User
    Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager

Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit.

Has anyone else noticed that the Uptime, as reported in Task Manager, is incorrect?

Also, the 'Time of Last Boot', as reported by the 'systeminfo' command seems to be stuck at the time that Cumulative Update KB 4015583 was installed, and has not updated with subsequent reboots.

Thanks,

Dave.

dgordon42, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Task manager reading incorrect %'s

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Task manager reading incorrect %'s

1. Task manager reading incorrect %'s - Similar Threads - Task manager reading

2. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  3. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  4. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values: [ATTACH] I was interested in seeing what my GPU usage was during some intensive gameplay to realise that task manager only reported my GPU usage at 2%. This was while playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at ultra settings @ 1440p. You can see that temperature and memory usage...
  6. How to read the CPU utilization values shown in Task Manager

How to read the CPU utilization values shown in Task Manager: Hi all, I am trying to monitor the overall CPU utilization and show it in my applicationbuilt using LabVIEW. Most of the online search suggests using performance monitor counters but the values are way off sometimes 30% difference from what is displayed in Task Manager. I...
  7. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats: Hayo A while ago I was running an overclocking configuration on AMD Ryzen Master which, besides glitching Windows magnificently, generated a kind of error that lasts even after three complete reinstalls of Windows. The overclocking situation has already been resolved,...
  8. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...
  9. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value: I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always much higher than the actual sum of the detail. For example, at the moment total CPU is over 60% but there is just one task with...
  10. Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Uptime in Task Manager: Running Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.138 64-bit. Has anyone else noticed that the Uptime, as reported in Task Manager, is incorrect? Also, the 'Time of Last Boot', as reported by the 'systeminfo' command seems to be stuck at the time that Cumulative Update KB 4015583...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is task manager giving false information