Windows 10: Task manager refuses to run

Discus and support Task manager refuses to run in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All my stuff is updated I restarted twice and still nothing submitted by /u/Thic_water [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thic_water, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Task manager refuses to run

All my stuff is updated I restarted twice and still nothing

submitted by /u/Thic_water
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thic_water, Dec 19, 2020
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Dec 19, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Task manager refuses to run

Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Task manager refuses to run

1. Task manager refuses to run - Similar Threads - Task manager refuses

2. Intel_PIE_Service.exe suddenly running in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel_PIE_Service.exe suddenly running in task manager?: Recently I redownloaded Killer Performance Suite and noticed a new process running called Intel_PIE_Service.exe. It says it's part of the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software but I do not have that app installed so I don't know why it is running. Is this process part of Killer too?...
  3. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  4. "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Performance" tab of task manager refuses to open: With the latest Build 22538 in the Dev channel, The performance tab in task manager is alone not loading up Whenever I tap on it, The whole task manager application closes. Please suggest me any way to fix it! I've filled it even on feedback-hub, if you are facing the same,...
  5. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  6. Multiple apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  7. Running Processes in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  8. INTEL Run Amuck! in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    INTEL Run Amuck! in Task Manager: Do I need all these INTEL processes loaded up and running in task manager? It is not a problem with memory it just appears "untidy" to me : ) The second pic shows the only INTEL "program" in start Intel Driver Asst and Support. Do I really need that and is that the one that...
  9. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script: I know that there have been many different solutions to this problem posted on the internet and various forums, but I have scoured Google for a solution to my problem to no avail. My problem appears to be unique (something that at this rate I do not want). Now, onto my...
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916