Windows 10: task manager right click "restart" option missing

Discus and support task manager right click "restart" option missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ill be the first to admit my windows install is far from default. Ive tweaked this or that with winaero tweaker and registry entries to pare down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jul 11, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

task manager right click "restart" option missing

Ill be the first to admit my windows install is far from default. Ive tweaked this or that with winaero tweaker and registry entries to pare down the context menu etc.

I often need to restart explorer by right clicking the process in the task manager and the option seems to have disappeared.

Anyone know what its tied to/have any ideas?

:)

klepp0906, Jul 11, 2017
  2. Chaoswisp Win User

Live tiles not working Windows 10

So, upon opening task manager, there is no "More Details" to click. There is a "Details" tab under which there is no "file explorer", but an "explorer" with a file icon next to it. Clicking on this does nothing except give the option to "End Task" right-clicking
    also does not give the option to "Restart". This is for Windows 10 and I have all of the latest updates. Ending the task of explorer seems to have caused my system to stop functioning properly as well.

Chaoswisp, Jul 11, 2017
  3. azyle Win User
    PC Specifications doesn't show up on Windows 10

yes i already did and still the same.

azyle, Jul 11, 2017
  4. task manager right click "restart" option missing

Left click on it. The Restart button will be at the bottom of the window.

CountryBumkin, Jul 11, 2017
  5. klepp0906 Win User
    unfortunately it only shows end task. Just tested on another pc and it does show restart. so whatever is causing restart to not appear in the context menu is the same thing that changes the button at the bottom from end task to restart.

klepp0906, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

task manager right click "restart" option missing

1. task manager right click "restart" option missing - Similar Threads - task manager right

2. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. "New Share" option is missing on right click in local computer management\system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "New Share" option is missing on right click in local computer management\system...: I want to add a folder that I created as a subfolder of my "Users\me" subfolder and add it to This PC-listed folders.So I tried using computer management and went to the section: local computer management\system tools\shared folders\Shares.Then I right-clicked on the empty...
  5. "New Share" option is missing on right click in local computer management\system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Share" option is missing on right click in local computer management\system...: I want to add a folder that I created as a subfolder of my "Users\me" subfolder and add it to This PC-listed folders.So I tried using computer management and went to the section: local computer management\system tools\shared folders\Shares.Then I right-clicked on the empty...
  6. "New Share" option is missing on right click in local computer management\system...

7. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  8. Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager

Right Click in Details Tab crashes Task Manager: Hi guys,Windows 11 user here. Whenever I am inside the details tab of task manager, I cannot right click on any application for example, to set its priority/affinity. This is because the second I hit right click, task manager instantly crashes.I really need help to get this...
  9. No right-click option in Task Mgr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No right-click option in Task Mgr: I saw the "Program" entry in startup entities and all the solutions I could find reference right-clicking the column header in Task Manager to enable more options. I get nothing when I do that. I am logged in as an administrator. Ideas? submitted by /u/kapeman_ [link]...
  10. Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar: After a while text can start to not appear in right click menus from the task bar. It seems similar to the other graphic bugs like missing icons from the start menu. [img] 22257