Windows 10: Task Manager Settings

Discus and support Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ralph-922, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ralph-922 Win User

Task Manager Settings

Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that?

:)

Ralph-922, Apr 8, 2019
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 8, 2019
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task Manager Settings ;)

infrared, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Task Manager Settings

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager Settings

1. Task Manager Settings - Similar Threads - Task Manager Settings

2. Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings: The Task Manager used to work right, but recently it always opens in "less details" mode after a PC reboot, and I can no longer enable or disable Startup programs. Any changes I do in the Startup tab get reset after rebooting my PC, so I'm permanently stuck with the current...
  3. Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager malfunctioning and forgetting settings: The Task Manager used to work right, but recently it always opens in "less details" mode after a PC reboot, and I can no longer enable or disable Startup programs. Any changes I do in the Startup tab get reset after rebooting my PC, so I'm permanently stuck with the current...
  4. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  5. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager settings was resetted: I got told to reset settings on task manager to solve an issue but it made my pc boot up slower than usual and i want to get the settings back to normal the way it was as it booted up faster before i resetted from task manager...
  6. Task manager settings was resetted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Set Permenant Priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set Permenant Priority in Task Manager: Is there a way to set priority permenantly in Task manager? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Kjekkasen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhn3tz/set_permenant_priority_in_task_manager/
  8. Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?: Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-default-setting-for-services-in-task/ff781842-69ea-439d-9f59-d52ebd9e6c15
  9. Settings Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Suspended in Task Manager: In the task manager, several Processes (e.g. Settings and Cortana) are labeled "suspended" and then there's a leaf icon or something next to it. What is this? How do I stop this?...
  10. Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings: How to: Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings How to Backup and Restore Task Manager Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information If you make customizations to your Task Manager settings, i.e. add columns, change sort order, set per tab options, and many others, a New...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager settings