Windows 10: Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

Discus and support Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hayo A while ago I was running an overclocking configuration on AMD Ryzen Master which, besides glitching Windows magnificently, generated a kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phoxy Boy, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Phoxy Boy Win User

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

Hayo

A while ago I was running an overclocking configuration on AMD Ryzen Master which, besides glitching Windows magnificently, generated a kind of error that lasts even after three complete reinstalls of Windows.

The overclocking situation has already been resolved, but this bug still continues

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats d54cfc57-479d-4506-b52d-2597ad0cb9c9?upload=true.png

Here it's showing an incorrect nominal clock

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats f9251cf1-f147-4387-b279-325b6b32eeda?upload=true.png

Here it's showing some glitch memory stats on the right

Asus Prime B450m-Gaming/BR

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz (OC to 4.1GHz)

2x Kingston HyperX 8gb 2400MHz

Geforce GTX 1660

Western Digital SSD M.2 240GB

:)

Phoxy Boy, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Cappycot Win User

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing
    my clock speed by 100 MHz down to 4.7 GHz all core (AVX offset 0) solved the problem for a couple of weeks, but the problem has now resurfaced despite the CPU literally running at specified stock speeds.

The Task Manager program is incorrectly reporting CPU usage spiking up to 100% at times, sometimes accompanied by the display turning into a black screen for a half-second while playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. Meanwhile, other programs that were running
    at the time such as Google Chrome or DIscord turn into black windows and require restarting. Other programs such as HWiNFO64, Corsair iCUE, and Process Explorer are reporting much lower CPU usage percentages.

Any ideas on what is causing Task Manager to behave like this? I thought Windows shipped out an update that fixed the broken Task Manager, but apparently not for me. I have already tried a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro to no avail.

CPU: i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz all core

RAM: 4x8 GB @ 3200 MHz, XMP I

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula, BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. 0905, 4/10/2019

Windows 10.0.17763 Pro Version 1809

OS Build 17763.437

Full Desktop Parts List: System Builder

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats dd7c913e-4097-4f90-bc33-9ac5ca19c456?upload=true.png

This was taken while running a game (SCP: Secret Laboratory, SCPSL.exe). Something seems off with the process explorer too since the game should be the highest in CPU usage, and the CPU use of the processes don't add up to 100%. I have seen this occur when
    the computer freezes for a half-second for no apparent reason.

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats ac99c841-4fdf-4a38-8c7d-afc5e21c7069?upload=true.png

This was also taken while running the same game mentioned above, except this time only the Task Manager is reporting an incorrect CPU usage while Process Explorer says otherwise.

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats 1e4191b2-105b-479f-88b6-4ec40d4b42ca?upload=true.png

This image shows Task Manager claiming that the CPU frequency is being throttled to 3.6 GHz. CPU-Z is reporting a clock speed of about 4.7 GHz. Task Manager also seems to think CPUs #8 and #9 (starting from #0) are going crazy. I've checked both CPUs in
    HWiNFO64 and Process Explorer and found nothing wrong with them.

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats 1f279241-0d95-4c1e-9e4c-c2dd62540003?upload=true.png

This image is another example of incorrect CPU usage where the actual CPU usage is much less than 50%.

Cappycot, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Hi Cappycot, I am Rob, an independent and a 12 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.
    If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

Windows Task Manager has never been known as "extremely" accurate. More like a consistent gauge. Since 1809 Task Manager has been known to be a little more inaccurate, though still consistent. And has remained so though there have been a few minor changes to
    improve Task Manager in Windows Updates.

Task Manager shows Incorrect CPU usage in Windows 10 October 2018 Update

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

Please use the Feedback Hub to report your findings so the Developers will actually see them.

Start - type in the Search box --> Feedback

Find at top and click on it.

------

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Rob B. - MVP, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

Windows 8/10 showing a slower Memory Clock speed in windows task manager

And so i am learning new things everyday, a learning a minute Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats :p

I was wondering why windows task manager was showing a slower clock speed in the memory selection. Now mind you i have a AMD FX9590 system with 16 gb of Random Access Memory that is 1866mhz out of the box. the bios is even set in the XMPprofile1 to 1866mhz.
    but when you open windows task manager it shows 667 MHz. i searched the web thinking that wasn't correct, and i found some Microsoft Community Forum pages that do not have the correct answers. and the i found this forum post and it answered my question in
    my quest to find the answer that wasn't in Microsoft Answers. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats :p ; Ram is running slower than stock speed

In short they are saying that what is said in the windows task manager memory section is that is the base speed of the memory. Voila answered!!, because that is half the speed of the 1866 MHz. to validate that answer select CPU in Windows task manager and
    look in the same spot the speed is it says Base speed of the CPU. Windows task manager is not reporting anything other than the reported base speed of that product in that area of windows task manager.

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats 30461d43-ce45-46f4-8873-0c4328160a1b?upload=true.jpg

CPU Base Speed;

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats 9392263d-874a-441b-8e0b-8888f813ad88?upload=true.jpg

I think people are looking at all that cool current data and expecting there to be current data everywhere. the subject here is that the right hand side has no current updated speed of either the CPU or the Memory. and so i have to say to Microsoft; How
    about some current speed of the Memory since there is current speed of the CPU on the left side in the CPU Selection of W.T.M. and so here is where i began this bottom paragraph, people see that there is a current up to date reported CPU speed on the left
    then go to the Memory thinking, where is my current up to date reported memory speed! Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats :)

Thank you all, and happy computation

ingenuities, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

1. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats - Similar Threads - Task manager showing

2. Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager "Processes" Page not showing anything other than CPU and Memory: Just did a fresh install of windows 11 and noticed my task manager isn't showing all the info in the processes page, all I can see is the CPU and Memory sections, but in the processes tab everything is there, this is especially annoying as svchost is continuously downloading...
  3. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  4. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage: Whenever I open task manager, It will constantly say that my CPU usage is at 100% and doesn't seem to dip below 99%, even when otherwise idle. However, my PC is not having any performance issues I would expect with an overloaded CPU. I can run games and benchmarks without...
  5. Task Manager incorrectly claims 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Task manager Not polling stats

Task manager Not polling stats: i noticed a while ago that Task Manager does not poll stats, and instead, just freezes with the information, so i have to close it and reopen it to refresh the stats. this is very annoying as i wish to monitor the status of my system in real time, without having to use...
  7. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...
  8. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value: I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always much higher than the actual sum of the detail. For example, at the moment total CPU is over 60% but there is just one task with...
  9. Task Manager shows single CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager shows single CPU: Hi My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10? Thanks Daniel 74373
  10. How to interpret the Task Manager stats

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to interpret the Task Manager stats: I am trying to figure out where is the bottleneck in my system, namely disk I/O or CPU, for my video editng tasks. I newly loaded Win 10 Pro on a SSD drive, but found no difference in the final encoding performance, whether I put all the Video files on the SSD or a SATA 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager displays wrong base speed

2. task managed shows wrong cpu clock

3. avx offset task manager

4. Task manager shows incorrect CPU and ram frequency,
  5. both of rams were of 2667mhz then why my task manager is showing like running at 2400mhz