Windows 10: Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Discus and support Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation. Also noticed that Resource Manager displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennyRogers3, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

Hi.

My windows task manager seems to be corrupt or damaged showing invalid low processor Utilisation.

Also noticed that Resource Manager displays the same values.

here are a few things i have tried.

- Sfc /scannow

- Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

- Updated to Windows 10 October

Here's a screenshot on running Prime95:

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages 83bda48c-87fb-4e13-ad02-f99231c8e879?upload=true.jpg

Third party task managers like "processhacker" work fine.

your help would me much appreciated

:)

KennyRogers3, Oct 6, 2018

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Task Manager showing incorrect CPU usage

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages 0a6eda9b-8572-43f2-a39e-8b6f9f206054.png
    After
    I went from my Ryzen build to Z370 build, I noticed that Task Manager is showing CPU usage wrong.

While Task manager is showing me total CPU usage at 50%, Hwinfo is showing me about 25% total CPU usage.

You can also take a look at this picture: https://image.ibb.co/m0e4iR/wrong_cpu_usage.png

I'm also guessing that it have to do something with my Hyper-V that I'm running.

I'm using 2 CPU cores (out of 6 available from i5 8600k), and both of those cores should be at around 50% load in that Hyper-V machine. It's basically running one software and that's it.

Anyway, I don't know what else to make out of it, I guess someone from Microsoft will just have to take a look at it and release some patch in the future.

I'm using Latest 1709 version with all updates.

Build version: 16299.64

x64 bit

i5 8600k

Z370-G ASUS motherboard

SimonGregorc, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

high cpu usage when task manager is open

i am having issues with cpu usage when i bring up the task manger it shows that cpu usage is 59% with the task manager app using up 30-40% cpu usage in the performance tab it show that my cpu usage is at 80% usage but when using other programs to check
    my temps and cpu load etc is shows low 20s when gaming this can pin the cpu up at 100% in task manger

sionireland, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages

1. Task Manager showing wrong CPU usage percentages - Similar Threads - Task Manager showing

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  5. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  6. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

7. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  8. Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage

Windows Task manager showing wrong CPU usage: Hi,I noticed Windows task manager showing high CPU usage while not running any heavy tasks mostly WMI Provider Host but when checking this from other sources the CPU usage is normal both MSI center as NVIDIA perfomance overlay show values between 1-5%.I'm running Windows 11...
  9. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  10. Task manager showing 100% CPU usage at idle.

Task manager showing 100% CPU usage at idle.: Task manager is showing 100% CPU usage at idle. If you look into the details to see what if anything is really using that much processing power and it shows "system idle process" at 99-100% when at idle. This is normal I know but task manager should not be including "system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager cpu usage wrong

2. Task manger processes tab only showing cpu and memory usage

3. taskmgr cpu percent wrong