Windows 10: Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0%

Discus and support Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0% in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer here and at work will run excessively slowly and when I go to Task Manager to end the process it shows 100% Disk Usage yet the Processes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gabster6, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Gabster6 Win User

Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0%

My computer here and at work will run excessively slowly and when I go to Task Manager to end the process it shows 100% Disk Usage yet the Processes show 0% being used. Sometimes I wait for it to run through and eventually in a couple hours it will get back to regular usage but I don't have that time. I shut off the computer and reboot which usually fixes the problem for now.
    Can anyone suggest a reason and/or solution to stop this from happening?
    Thanks.

:)

Gabster6, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Kent Nord Win User

Task Manager has Disk at 100% when only 0 - 3 mg are shown as used

I have:

1) Formatted my disk and partitioned it as needed for Windows 10

1) Installed Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

2) Disabled Superfetch

3) Disabled Windows Search

4) Disabled BITS

5) Uninstalled Skype and SkypeHost.exe

6) Set MSISupported to "0" in registry

After each step I would reboot my computer and get the same problem 100% Disk in Task Manager

2) Installed Norton Antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and rebooted.

1) The system booted and hit 100% in Task Manager for about 5 minutes.

2) Attempted to open Windows Notepad and the Task Manager went back to 100% Disk.

In all instances the Task Manager Disk Listing would show between 0.3 and 2.5 total usage and still show the Disk at 100% on the top freezing the computer.

Kent Nord, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Kent Nord Win User
    Task Manager has Disk at 100% when only 0 - 3 mg are shown as used

I have done both of these each time I have reinstalled Windows 10

1) Formatted my disk and partitioned it as needed for Windows 10

1) Installed Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit

2) Disabled Superfetch

3) Disabled Windows Search

4) Disabled BITS

5) Uninstalled Skype and SkypeHost.exe

6) Set MSISupported to "0" in registry

After each step I would reboot my computer and get the same problem 100% Disk in Task Manager

2) Installed Norton Antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and rebooted.

1) The system booted and hit 100% in Task Manager for about 5 minutes.

2) Attempted to open Windows Notepad and the Task Manager went back to 100% Disk.

In all instances the Task Manager Disk Listing would show between 0.3 and 2.5 total usage and still show the Disk at 100% on the top freezing the computer.

Kent Nord, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0%

Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0%

1. Task Manager shows 100% Disk use but everything shows 0% - Similar Threads - Task Manager shows

2. 100% disk use fault shows in task master.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk use fault shows in task master.: 1 Something is jamming up my disk and application programs. Is there a way to prevent hogging of disk channel? This machine has had SFC and DISM run already. Also, background programs hogging internet bandwidth. I already had that problem with google sync suspended and...
  3. Task Manager showing 0% network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager showing 0% network: Hello, I have purchased a new Laptop MSI and have noticed that the task manager always displays the percentage of network as 0% and all programs as utilising no internet. This is not true at all as i have played online games and done many many downloads in the past couple...
  4. Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10

Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10: Task Manager show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. even though my disk space is free around 80-85% because of this system work very slow. I did changed ACH controller to 0 from register editor but it still not worked...
  5. Disk at Task Manager always show 100%

Disk at Task Manager always show 100%: Hello, I'm currently using Windows 10 and the disk usage at Task Manager always show 100% and affecting my computer because it slows down my computer. I did clean boot and disable temporary my Windows Search however it didn't had any affect at all. Can anyone help me to...
  6. task manager, disk is showing 100%

task manager, disk is showing 100%: my laptop is showing 100% disk usage.The one i noticed are windows remidation services,ms compatibility teleme...,windows modules installer. can some one help me to fix this problem. thank you!...
  7. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager showing disk usage 100%: I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-disk-usage-100/ba3a557c-6680-4218-a375-12fb649c58a5
  8. Task manager show 100% disk

Task manager show 100% disk: My task manager shows 100% disk in process tab and my pc isn't booting fast as it was earlier i formatted the pc and reinstalled but the same thing again i can't play games...
  9. task manager showing 100% usage

task manager showing 100% usage: my task manger is showing 100% usage and laptop is very slow to start edition : windows 10 version: 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-manager-showing-100-usage/a5f5844d-35b2-4f0f-ac73-db87ba2baa8e
  10. Disk performance show 0% all the time in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk performance show 0% all the time in Task Manager: Hi everyone I'm facing a problem with the task manager. Suddenly both of my HDs stopped showing any activity in the task manager and are constantly show 0% although there is activity and despite the fact that in the resource monitor activity is shown properly. Any ideas...