Windows 10: Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow

Discus and support Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've only had this computer for three months. It is recently started slowing down. Task Manager shows disk usage at 100%. I made the registry changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alflaw3, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Alflaw3 Win User

Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow

I've only had this computer for three months. It is recently started slowing down. Task Manager shows disk usage at 100%. I made the registry changes suggested in the applicable KB but that didn't help. There is a lot of discussion on the Internet of this problem but no one seems to have the answer. What do I do?

:)

Alflaw3, Mar 21, 2019

2. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

100% disk usage can have many causes.

What are the top 5 processes listed in the task manager using the disk?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 21, 2019
  3. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow

Abhishek KumarSingh3, Mar 21, 2019
  4. odedidush Win User

Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager

Hi,
    i have dell inspiron 15 , 5000 series , OS is windows 10 64 bit.

Recently i had a problem at the laptop:
    Disk utilization is quite constant at 100% even though no program runs parallel and there is no traffic between the hard disk and the external device.
    I searched in Google for solutions and found this issue quite common in Windows 10. I tried all the options from the solutions offered in the links but without any success :
    1. Windows 10 100% disk usage in Task Manager [SOLVED] - Driver Easy
    2. How to Fix: 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 Task Manager

I also tried to run a disk repair on Windows 10 and even "Reset to default" of the windows which means getting clean operating system - deleting all the files that I had and that did not help either.
    Still after booting the computer and during work the disk utilization is 100% fand the computer is very very slow.
    Do you have a solution?
    Is the hard disk malformed and is this what causes windows to show 100% disk utilization ?

Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow [​IMG]

odedidush, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Task manager shows disk usage at hundred percent and performance is slow - Similar Threads - Task manager shows

2. Task Manager Percent Usages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Percent Usages: Within my Task Manager, I'm always peaking 60% memory and 60% CPU usage whilst playing a game example: Roblox.Is this normal? Second, whenever I'm scanning with Malwarebytes and McAfee, the CPU and Disk cap at 100! It's outrageous and is definitely doing something to my PC...
  3. Task Manager Percent Usages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Percent Usages: Within my Task Manager, I'm always peaking 60% memory and 60% CPU usage whilst playing a game example: Roblox.Is this normal? Second, whenever I'm scanning with Malwarebytes and McAfee, the CPU and Disk cap at 100! It's outrageous and is definitely doing something to my PC...
  4. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...: Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also says that write/read is at under 5MB/s.However the disk goes to 60MB/s when I play a game. It takes quite some time till the...
  5. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...: Hello, Windows is running super slow when performing simple tasks and the task manager says that the disk usage is 100%. But while saying this it also says that write/read is at under 5MB/s.However the disk goes to 60MB/s when I play a game. It takes quite some time till the...
  6. windows runs slow performing simple tasks...task manager says 100% disk usage at about...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task manager showing 0 percent network usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager showing 0 percent network usage: [ATTACH] as you can see even running speed tests, when in game, while downloading games, my network always says 0mbps and 0% usage. submitted by /u/Aystars2 [link] [comments]...
  8. Disk Usage in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage in task manager: Task manager shows "100% disk" most of the time. Have tied all posted remedies but nothing works. Any "good" suggestions? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-in-task-manager/35dcb7c2-2be9-4f90-b85e-a1c1103362b8
  9. Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Performance tab doesn't show usage graphs: I would like to set my Task Manager's Performance tab to show the graphs for each of the logical processors, but when I set it to show Logical Processors, it only shows them as empty boxes with percentages in text on each one, and they flash between white, light blue and...
  10. Task manager showing disk usage 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager showing disk usage 100%: I have reset my laptop to factory settings still task manger showing disk usage 100 %. response is too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-showing-disk-usage-100/ba3a557c-6680-4218-a375-12fb649c58a5