Windows 10: Task Manager shows single CPU

Discus and support Task Manager shows single CPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10? Thanks Daniel 74373 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daniellouwrens, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Task Manager shows single CPU

Hi

My Task Manager performance tab only shows one CPU graph, is this usual for W10?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jan 8, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

1 Cpu processor running instead of 8 processors

The spec shows an Intel Core i7-7700HQ which is a single processor with 4 Cores and 8 Threads.

Can you post a screenshot of Task Manager Performance tab and select CPU.

neilpzz, Jan 8, 2017
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    task manager shows zero cpu utilization after windows 10 1709 fall creators update

Hello
    Laurentiu,

There are several different reasons for why you have zero CPU utilization. It's showing that your CPU is dead. It could be an issue with the compatibility with the CPU and your device driver.

Try updating your device driver. While it's likely you already have the most recent driver, if you're having trouble with a device, updating it would be the best course to take. To do this:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Task Manager shows single CPU

Found the problem, you have to click on "Open Resource Monitor"

cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Windows 7 used to show a CPU graph for each processor in Task Manager, but 10 by default shows just one graph for overall CPU utilisation. You can show separate CPU graphs in Task Manager if you wish, right-click on the graph and select Change graph to > Logical processors.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Task Manager shows single CPU

1. Task Manager shows single CPU - Similar Threads - Task Manager shows

2. Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.: same time a third party app MSI companion app- came with MoBo shows normal figures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-always-shows-cpu-100/92e15d8b-69ff-4cb5-a4f5-93ea554356d0
  3. Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager always shows cpu 100 %.: same time a third party app MSI companion app- came with MoBo shows normal figures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-always-shows-cpu-100/92e15d8b-69ff-4cb5-a4f5-93ea554356d0
  4. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  5. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage: Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage. A few days after I built my PC, all of a sudden task manager started showing 100% CPU usage no matter what programs are running and it was also showing very high power usage. I ended up temporarily fixing the issue after I did a full fresh...
  6. Task Manager showing 100% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. task manager contantly showing cpu at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager contantly showing cpu at 100%: its always at 100% even with nothing running. now i get such low frames in games constantly at 30% usage for gpu and thing i can do ? submitted by /u/kang87- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6tjo9/task_manager_contantly_showing_cpu_at_100/
  8. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed.: After I changed start from amdppm to 4 in the registry, it showed the cpu base speed is 3.49 ghz in the task manager after i rebooted my system. I have a ryzen 3 2200g with the base speed at 3.5 ghz but when i set it to 3, it's 3.5 ghz, can someone explain me why this is...
  9. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...
  10. Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed

Task Manager not showing correct CPU speed: On a fresh install of windows 10 home made with USB installation media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3593 task manager constantly shows the base clock [1.19Ghz] regardless of power settings CPU-Z shows actual clock...