Windows 10: Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Discus and support Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sujaya, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Sujaya Win User

Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11 Pro 22000.832Thanks.

:)

Sujaya, Aug 5, 2022
  2. temp02 Win User

black icons

Try rebuilding the Windows icon cache:
    • Close all explorer/folder windows that are currently open;
    • Run/Open a new Console window as Administrator;
    • Launch "Task Manager" using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or by running taskmgr.exe;
    • In the Process tab, right-click on the explorer.exe process and select End Process.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
      Code: CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local ATTRIB -H IconCache.db DEL IconCache.db EXIT[/quote]
    • Close the Console;
    • In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…), type explorer.exe, and click OK.
    • Close the Task Manager;

temp02, Aug 5, 2022
  3. icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Blank window in File Explorer and Task Manager after installing Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi Lily,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access File Explorer and Task Manager?

[*]Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer and Task Manager for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

1. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer - Similar Threads - Task manager shows

2. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update...
  3. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update...
  4. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...
  5. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...
  6. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11 Pro 22000.832Thanks....
  7. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  8. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  9. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  10. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...