Windows 10: Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Discus and support Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Carter, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update yesterday and thankfully after a Windows 11 CU, it "resolved" the ODD icon and now today I see the explorer.exe icon "normal." When I would go to Properties of the ODD explorer.exe icon, it showed the folder icon as "normal" and it was So ODD. Someone in the link file explorer recommended to create a shortcut and

:)

Matthew Carter, Jan 12, 2023
Thema:

Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

1. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer - Similar Threads - Task manager shows

2. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: I had this exact issue, well the icon anyway. From this link Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorerWindows 11 Enterprise Edition; when I went to Task Manager, I saw in the Details and the Processes tab that explorer.exe had some WEIRD NON explorer icon.I did update...
  3. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...
  4. GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPUs in the Task Manager is showing in wrong order: I have an Asus Tuf A15 2021 model.Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 6GB.Earlier all my games were running very smoothly with the dedicated graphics card. I upgraded my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro and stayed away from games for 2-3...
  5. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11 Pro 22000.832Thanks....
  6. Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer

Task manager shows wrong icon for file explorer: Hello,My task manager shows this icon for file explorer.I already tried the system file checker tool sfc/scannow but it didn't do anythingWindows 11 Pro 22000.832Thanks....
  7. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  8. Task Manager showing Wrong base speed

Task Manager showing Wrong base speed: I bought a new laptop acer nitro 5.. with processor name is intel i5 11400h. it got an issue task manager base speed should be 2.70 ghz but showing 2.69ghz and i also check in cpuzPls solve this issue...
  9. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  10. TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING SHOWING WRONG CPU SPEED: I USE AMD RYZEN 5 4600H AND ITS BASE CLOCK IS 3 GHZ BUT THE TASK MANAGER IS SHOWING ME 2.99 GHZ AS BASE BUT THE MAIN THING IS THAT I SEE THAT THE ALL CORES ARE 100 % UTILIZED BUT THE SPEED IS STILL 2.99 GHZ WHEREAS 4 GHZ IS THE MAX SPEED...