Windows 10: task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

Discus and support task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; everytime i try to load up task manager, i get the "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jon Manube, May 30, 2023.

1. task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

everytime i try to load up task manager, i get the "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" error. this also goes for registry editor and other things. the account im using is one with admin privileges, i have full control over the apps in the app properties and for some reason, i cant even reset my pc. i dont think this is a third party's doing because it just started happening randomly when my game crashed and i tried to load up task manager. i havent had this issue very long but the way things are looking, i

:)

Jon Manube, May 30, 2023
  2. SPAAAACE Win User

Can't open Task Manager as administrator

So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ? Screenshot - 12b812b50cb83bb65de7a1b3ebabbdcf - Gyazo (Screen shot)*Confused

SPAAAACE, May 30, 2023
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 30, 2023
  4. imanalien Win User

task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, May 30, 2023
Thema:

task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

1. task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened - Similar Threads - task manager normal

2. task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened: everytime i try to load up task manager, i get the "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" error. this also goes for registry editor and other things. the account im using is one with admin...
  3. task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task manager, some normal files and other administrator-esque things cant be opened: everytime i try to load up task manager, i get the "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" error. this also goes for registry editor and other things. the account im using is one with admin...
  4. I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.: I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally. i checked all premisions and ownerships i have all of that but it still says "Windows cannot access the spesified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item."...
  5. I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.: I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally. i checked all premisions and ownerships i have all of that but it still says "Windows cannot access the spesified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item."...
  6. I cant open command prompt as administrator and i cant even open it normally.

7. Cant open task manager, windows menu, can't run things as admin, cant run programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open task manager, windows menu, can't run things as admin, cant run programs: I've having this issue since yesterday, and ive tried what i can.I can't run anything anymore. the windows menu won't popup, ive tried to open the task manager but every time i do an error will appear "taskmgr.exe credui.dll/pdh.dll is not designed to run in windows. error...
  8. Cant open task manager, windows menu, can't run things as admin, cant run programs

Cant open task manager, windows menu, can't run things as admin, cant run programs: I've having this issue since yesterday, and ive tried what i can.I can't run anything anymore. the windows menu won't popup, ive tried to open the task manager but every time i do an error will appear "taskmgr.exe credui.dll/pdh.dll is not designed to run in windows. error...
  9. Cant open task manager, windows menu, can't run things as admin, cant run programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't open Task Manager as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Task Manager as administrator: So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ?...