Windows 10: Task Manager Startup Category Question

Discus and support Task Manager Startup Category Question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, When I go to Task Manager, and then Startup, how do I know what is safe to disable? I am attempting to make my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ben.H3, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Ben.H3 Win User

Task Manager Startup Category Question

Hello Microsoft Community,

When I go to Task Manager, and then Startup, how do I know what is safe to disable? I am attempting to make my computer faster by limiting startup programs.

Thanks.

:)

Ben.H3, Aug 31, 2019
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Aug 31, 2019
  4. dnanton Win User

MailforExchange and task categories

I have similar problems with the tasks handling, any ideas on how to work them around?

Task Categories: I have the same problem, and although I only have near 50 tasks, having them without categories really makes them complicated to work with. Any way to work it around?

Alarm and "Go To": As well, is there any way to get directly to the task after having it remind you with the alarm? Some of my tasks are to remember a list of steps or quick questions which I need to update when reminded.

Quick button to task list: is there any shortcut in order to get to the tasks list, such as it is to get to the calendar? I have been a palm user for years, and have learned to appreciate this feature, interestingly Nokia doesn't have it.

Any ideas on how to fulfill this small issues?

dnanton, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Task Manager Startup Category Question - Similar Threads - Task Manager Startup

2. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  3. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  4. MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup: Should I disable this program MSASCuiL?Is it potentially harmful for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msascuil-in-task-manager-startup/fae45d8f-d6c4-441f-a920-731870ad8be6
  5. Question on task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on task manager: So I may be tripping but I recently found out about task manager and check it often, I find everything to be good except an application saying “Your Phone (2)” I click on it and it says Runtime broker, and Your Phone. I’m aware of what the application is, basically linking...
  6. Startup in Task Manager

Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  7. Question about Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question about Task Manager: In Windows 7, not this cursed windows 10, if I crtl alt delete I would be brought to the same screen as Windows 10. The difference is if I clicked on the Task Manager it would start the Task Manager even if program had caused a hard crashed. Windows 10 does not do that. Can...
  8. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  9. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  10. Task Manager questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager questions: In previous Windows versions the Task Manager had several tabs, for applications to memory usage. It now only has running applications. What happened to the other tabs? Where can they be seen? Thank you for your help. 49078