Windows 10: Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

Discus and support Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Came across a rather obscure issue this evening on a user's PC. Three of the user's PC programs were listed as "Not Measured" in the Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pasca333, Nov 15, 2019.

1. pasca333 Win User

Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

Came across a rather obscure issue this evening on a user's PC. Three of the user's PC programs were listed as "Not Measured" in the Task Manager/Startup tab. Associated with that issue was another issue: those applications should have created icons in the Notification area, which they had not.

As it turns out, the user had changed the application properties in their respective directories to "Run as Administrator." Since Windows does not ordinarily permit startup applications to run as admin, those applications were not loading the GUIs in the Notification area, nor were they "measured" in startup impact.

Changing the applications in the Windows directories to not run as admin, and then restarting the PC, fixed the issue. All applications created their icons and all were now measured.

Hope this helps someone with this rather obscure issue.

:)

pasca333, Nov 15, 2019
  2. mcb0035 Win User

Start-up Impact "not measured" in Task Manager

This is an answer to a different question. It does not answer the question of how to measure startup impact so that it shows up in task manager.

mcb0035, Nov 15, 2019
  3. LeeIS Win User
    Task Manager Startup impact not measured

This seems to be a common problem. Task Manager under Start-up tab under Start-up impact shows everything not measured. Everything else fine. Ideas?

LeeIS, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

Start-up Impact "not measured" in Task Manager

All of the applications in the start-up impact list under the task manager come up as "not measured". This is despite several shut downs and or reboots, and the programs are running. Does anyone know how to solve this?

IlanRosenstein, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured"

1. Task Manager/Startup Shows Application "Not Measured" - Similar Threads - Task Manager Startup

2. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  3. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  4. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

5. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  7. Outlook Appearing on Startup But Not showing in Task Manager - Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Appearing on Startup But Not showing in Task Manager - Startup: I'm trying to remove Outlook from opening whenever I sign-in to my computer. I have tried to go through msconfig > Startup and it redirects me to Task Manager. Outlook, or Office in general, doesn't show in the Startup section of Task Manager. This is really frustrating...
  8. Issue with a task manager startup application

Issue with a task manager startup application: So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I...
  9. Task Manager Startup impact not measured

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup impact not measured: This seems to be a common problem. Task Manager under Start-up tab under Start-up impact shows everything not measured. Everything else fine. Ideas? 84370
  10. All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    All enabled startup items are not measured in task manager: How to fix? [img] 73791