Windows 10: Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time

Discus and support Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the Task Manager - Starup Tab - Last BIOS time it shows at 17615.2 seconds. That is almost 5 hours. I thought this was supposed to indicate boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IsaacFL, Aug 29, 2016.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time

In the Task Manager - Starup Tab - Last BIOS time it shows at 17615.2 seconds. That is almost 5 hours.

I thought this was supposed to indicate boot up time? My boot time is very quick under 10 seconds, so what does this number mean?

:)

IsaacFL, Aug 29, 2016
  2. queuing Win User

Why my task manager doesn't have last bios time in startup tab?

Okay I just have noticed in some posts that there is some thing called Last Bios Time in their task manager under the startup tab so!, I opened my task manager and look for last bios time under my startup tab, and found nothing
    there!

I'm curios why I don't have this feature in my task manager.

Can someone plss answer me..? and if possible how to obtain it..

tnx..

queuing, Aug 29, 2016
  3. AndrewTao Win User
    is my last bios time normal?

last bios time in task manager on startup on the top right hand corner.

AndrewTao, Aug 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, interesting thread here:
    windows 8 - Last BIOS time on Task Manager - Super User

Note this thread contains opinion, some contradictory, some statements may not be accurate.

Here are just a few of several interesting comments:
    "Although I'm not sure why you are getting it displayed as 0.0 seconds, the purpose of the "Last BIOS time" is to tell you how long it took to load the BIOS, it is the amount of time between pressing the power button, and seeing the screen that indicates that windows is loading."

"If Secure Boot isn't enabled but your Windows is UEFI and has a GPT Windows partition this will always show 0.0 as the timer only works with Fast Boot...." (??)

"The BIOS time is the time taken before the first beginning screen shown after pressing the power button."
    - this doesn't make sense- mine's 3.5s, but it takes about 12s to the lock screen from startup.

Your time doesn't make sense.. there are comments about very long times you might care to search for.

dalchina, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Task Manager - Startup Tab - Last BIOS time - Similar Threads - Task Manager Startup

2. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  3. Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager: Hi, I am unsure how this happened but just yesterday when i looked opened my taskmanager on Windows 10 build 1809, the startup tab is missing. The other issues are that disk,network and GPU stats are greyed out and performance tab is also missing a few graphs. So I then...
  4. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...
  5. Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  6. Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only few items in my Startup tab in Task Manager: So I've just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now there are only 3 items (OneDrive, something for my touchpad and something from vimicro). This means that I my sound does not work as well as like Intel RST, the battery software and much more. I have tried to enable stuff from...
  7. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  8. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  9. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager: As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium Is one of them a malware? 69586
  10. Cannot manage startup tasks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot manage startup tasks?: What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks... [img] 45245