Windows 10: Task manager/startup tab

Discus and support Task manager/startup tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by speedlever, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Task manager/startup tab

I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone.

I'm curious what the BIOS time represents that shows on the system tab of task manager. The old laptop is taking about 4 minutes to get to the log in screen and yet the BIOS time says 2.5 seconds.

Contrast that to another newer laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-7700HQ with 16GB ram and an m.2 SSD drive, that shows 5.1 to 5.3 seconds BIOS time and yet takes about 10-12 seconds to get to the log in screen.

:)

speedlever, Feb 25, 2019
  2. mad4some Win User

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1 Thanks!

mad4some, Feb 25, 2019
  3. mad4some Win User
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are no startup items to display" showing. I just recently installed Chrome and I'm certain that it should be there. Anybody have this??? Comments/ideas please, thanks Mark

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1

mad4some, Feb 25, 2019
  4. dotmarty Win User

Task manager/startup tab

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Task manager/startup tab

1. Task manager/startup tab - Similar Threads - Task manager startup

2. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  3. What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is ASHelper.exe in startup tab of task manager?: So I noticed this software with the name "Program" and a blank icon in the startup section of task manager. I disabled it and checked the file location. There it was written ASHelper.exe along with the location. Now the strange part is how the file location is written in task...
  4. Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings: After updating my Window OS from 1909 to 20H2, few of my apps went missing in the startup menu like steam, discord, and other. Programs like Phone, Intel Corporation and the likes are still there. Anyone knows the reason as to why it’s happening and how to solve it?...
  5. Nothing Showing On Startup Tab In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing Showing On Startup Tab In Task Manager: So recently I went into Task Manager to see if there are any unimportant apps that are opening on startup and when I went into the startup tab nothing appears there and it says that "there are no startup items to display" which is totally wrong because I do have a few apps...
  6. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  7. Task Manager Startup tab does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Startup tab does not work: Recently I did a reinstall of windows 10 and when I go to task manager to disable apps at startup, there was nothing there. I found the Startup folder was missing in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, so I created it, restarted and there...
  8. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  9. Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs not showing in startup tab in task manager: I recently discovered that the apps I set to run on startup were not open, I had to run them manually. Thought it was a fluke but it happened the next day. I thought, no problem, I'll just open up the task manager startup tab... and then I discovered that the programs I want...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...