Windows 10: Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

Discus and support Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this.

Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in the past.

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool [​IMG]

are those created every time you make a custom scheduled task? So if i had 15 tasks created that would be there 15 times? Or is something else going on?

currently I have 2, and I have 1 on my backup pc. Just disabled the startup item and sure as shite, the program the task is supposed to launch - did not.

I think this isnt exactly tied to the scheduled task so much as its tied to the fact its launched via a shortcut in the startup folder. Makes more sense, and me less enthused with using that jankiness to get stuff launching as admin at startup Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool :p

:)

klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020

2. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Feb 6, 2020
  3. x509 Win User
    Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek
    • Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system?
    • Do I need to reconfigure these tasks for Win 10?
    • Is there some automatic tool or way to easily edit the registry to do this reconfiguration?

x509, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

1. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool - Similar Threads - Task manager startup

2. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  3. Task scheduler "configure for" option

Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...
  4. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  5. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  6. Task Manager Startups Suspended

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startups Suspended: All non-MS apps show "Suspended" in "Task Manager", "Startup" Getting set for a class and want to show how to Disable Apps from starting. Have this on both laptop and Desktop. Both Insider Preview17093. Laptop Home, Desktop Pro msconfig, Startup, refers back to Task...
  7. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  8. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...
  9. Cannot manage startup tasks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot manage startup tasks?: What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks... [img] 45245
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817