Windows 10: Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

Discus and support Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this.

Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in the past.

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool [​IMG]

are those created every time you make a custom scheduled task? So if i had 15 tasks created that would be there 15 times? Or is something else going on?

currently I have 2, and I have 1 on my backup pc. Just disabled the startup item and sure as shite, the program the task is supposed to launch - did not.

I think this isnt exactly tied to the scheduled task so much as its tied to the fact its launched via a shortcut in the startup folder. Makes more sense, and me less enthused with using that jankiness to get stuff launching as admin at startup Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool :p

:)

klepp0906, Feb 6, 2020

2. Task Manager-Startup

Here are three methods to invoke a task:

1. By placing a program or a shortcut into this folder:

c:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    2. By specifying it in this registry location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    3. By creating a scheduled task that gets triggered at startup or at logon time.

Frederik Long, Feb 6, 2020
  3. x509 Win User
    Task Scheduler tasks configured for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2

I needed to create a new task and schedule it. First time I've configured Windows for tasks, so I did a bit of exploration. I noticed a fair number of tasks were scheduled for these older versions of Windows. *Eek
    • Will these tasks still run OK on my Win 10 Pro 64 system?
    • Do I need to reconfigure these tasks for Win 10?
    • Is there some automatic tool or way to easily edit the registry to do this reconfiguration?

x509, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

1. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool - Similar Threads - Task manager startup

2. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  3. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  4. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Scheduler Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Configuration: I've had a problem with my computer rebooting instead of Sleeping. In an effort to fix the issue, I noticed that the Task Scheduler is configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. When I try to change the configuration to Windows 10, an Username/Password pop-up...
  6. Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  7. Task scheduler "configure for" option

Task scheduler "configure for" option: As title suggests, i have a doubt regarding that part of the task scheduler activities. I own a windows 10 OS and all my microsoft-made task are cofigured for like windows server 2008 and stuff like that, while there is, in each of those tasks, an option labeled precisely...
  8. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  9. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817