Windows 10: Task Manager-Status Column Symbol

Discus and support Task Manager-Status Column Symbol in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi: When running Task Manager-Processes, I see, within the Status column, a symbol that I do not know the meaning of. [img] This symbol (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VinceB, Jun 19, 2020.

1. VinceB Win User

Task Manager-Status Column Symbol

Hi:

When running Task Manager-Processes, I see, within the Status column, a symbol that I do not know the meaning of.

Task Manager-Status Column Symbol [​IMG]

This symbol (see screenshot above) appears at the right side border edge within the Processes-Status column. I presently see the same symbol associated with three tasks, e.g., Cortana, Settings, and Windows Default Lock Screen; each of those tasks also has a second (expanded) line with "Suspended" and the same symbol again shown.

Can anyone help me to learn the meaning of the symbol described?

Thanks for reading this. Be well and stay safe.

:)

VinceB, Jun 19, 2020
  2. raznagul Win User

What does the leaf symbol in the status column of the task manager mean?

I noticed there is a status column in Windows 10s task manager where some processes have a symbol that looks like a leaf. I have no idea what the symbol could mean. There is no tool tip describing the symbol.

Task Manager-Status Column Symbol Sc0Eg.png

raznagul, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Task Manager columns will NOT stay hidden.

Simple question, every time I open task manager, it shows the following columns.

Status, CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, GPU, GPU Engine, Power Usage, Power Usage Trend.

I right click on the colum headings, and remove the 'tick' from all of the columns, except for 'CPU, Disk, Memory, and Network'

HOWEVER, as soon as I close it down and next re-open Task Manager, lo and behold, it's reverted BACK to the columns showing at the start of this question. HOW do you turn off these columns that I don't want to see, and KEEP THEM HIDDEN!!!!!!!

Another thing, if I drag the columns into the order that I ACTUALLY want to see them in, After Task Manager is closed, and restarted, they have all move BACK to where I DIDN'T want them!

Oh, and another thing, each time it opens now, I have to ALWAYS click on the 'show more details' option. I have found this happens no matter what method I use to open Task Manager, either the CTRL-ALT-DEL or CTRL-SHIFT-ESCAPE methods.

I am using the very latest version of windows 10 64-bit Professional. This never happened till only recently, with the latest update for windows 10.

OH, and before anyone starts saying 'oh this isn't the correct discussion to post this question in', I don't see any Windows Topics in the list that state 'General questions about windows'. If anyone does know the correct topic this should be under, PLEWASE
    feel free to tell me, and I'll post it in the RIGHT one.

bryangee733, Jun 19, 2020
  4. buzzzzz12 Win User

Task Manager Status

Hello fellow insiders.

Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it.

I have only noticed this since downloading the last build 17115.

Upon opening the task manager I noticed that all of the items have been marked suspended in the status column.

See below....can anyone help me on this....Thank you.

Dave.

buzzzzz12, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Task Manager-Status Column Symbol - Similar Threads - Task Manager Status

2. What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager?: What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager? For example there is a green leaf icon that means economy mode. I believe there are at least 3 other icons that can show in task manager status but i don't see an explanation for them. Shouldn't there be a...
  3. What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager?: What icons and their meaning are in the status column of Task Manager? For example there is a green leaf icon that means economy mode. I believe there are at least 3 other icons that can show in task manager status but i don't see an explanation for them. Shouldn't there be a...
  4. application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager

application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager: application Showing status Suspended in Task Manager : Search ,Microsoft Account ,Background Task hose and more...i am tying to access search bar , when i click on input box the just get close and nothing showed start bar get closed ,even if use shortcut : win + s to search...
  5. disk and network columns are missing in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk and network columns are missing in task manager: disk and network columns are missing in task managerI updated everything in windows update and my build is 22623.1105 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-network-columns-are-missing-in-task/46f8cc7e-c9a8-46b2-9f37-980874da05c8
  6. disk and network columns are missing in task manager

disk and network columns are missing in task manager: disk and network columns are missing in task managerI updated everything in windows update and my build is 22623.1105 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-network-columns-are-missing-in-task/46f8cc7e-c9a8-46b2-9f37-980874da05c8
  7. "Status" column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Status" column in File Explorer: What is the signification of the symbols which appear in the "Status" column in File Explorer e.g. a OneDrive type "cloud", a green circle enclosing a tick etc?...
  8. Windows Explorer Status column

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Status column: Hi I just redid my system and I must have accidentally selected OneDrive as now all my files and folders seem to have double arrows in a circle refresh icon similar to the below image [img] See the below screen shot for what I mean [img] How do I get rid of these...
  9. Task Manager columns will NOT stay hidden.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager columns will NOT stay hidden.: Simple question, every time I open task manager, it shows the following columns. Status, CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, GPU, GPU Engine, Power Usage, Power Usage Trend. I right click on the colum headings, and remove the 'tick' from all of the columns, except for 'CPU, Disk,...
  10. No "Not responding" status in task Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Not responding" status in task Manager?: I am trying to figure out if apps are frozen are simply still processing information in Win 10. In Win 7 I would go to the task manger and see a "Not Responding" in the status field to let me know if there is a problem, but I don't have that option in Win 10. I can only see...