Windows 10: Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then...

Discus and support Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was just working on my laptop when it starting sounding like a jet engine. "Oh here we go again," I thought, "Better kill those runaway Chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dboggs95, Feb 17, 2021.

1. dboggs95 Win User

Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then...

I was just working on my laptop when it starting sounding like a jet engine. "Oh here we go again," I thought, "Better kill those runaway Chromium processes again."

So I opened Task Manager and it says I'm low on memory and I should close some processes. That's great. It's exactly what I came here to do, except the processes I needed to close were no longer linked to a foreground app and this time the background processes were hidden!!!!

I looked all over for a button or something that would let me see the rest of task manager and found nothing. Luckily, I managed to drop it below the threshold to get the full Task Manager back.

Why does MS always have to take something that works and break it? I never had this problem on the old Task Manger, and this is a really stupid "feature" as it defeats the whole purpose of having a Task Manager. As a paying customer owning multiple licenses to Windows, is there a way I can put in a feature request to fix this or what?

:)

dboggs95, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Bradmph Win User

Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

Hello,

In my main system I have a process going that I don't understand. I have 2 computers sitting side by side and when I located this anomaly in my main system, I checked my 2nd system and it showed a different set of information.
    I will post the screen snaps here below of each.

This first one is from my main computer I use continuously.
    This image shows what seems to be nothing going on with the Memory Compression and I wonder why it is even in the task listings.

Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then... [​IMG]

Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then... [​IMG]

This second one is my Security Surveillance system running 24/7
    It definitely shows a different set of memory numbers on this image of the Memory Compression. Much more then the above image.

Do I need this listing in my system. In the main system task it looks like it is doing nothing, yet in my security system computer, it has much more information given. What does this task do for the computer?

Thanks for your time

Bradmph, Feb 17, 2021
  3. The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.

The memory usage of the Task Manager and the "process explorer" is different.
    Please tell me which program is correct.

춘근김1, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Bradmph Win User

Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then...

Task Manager - Memory Compression Process?

I'm Sorry, I forgot I was using Windows 10 Manager Version 2.07 for the information I posted.
    I also decided to run the memory compression check again and strangely I am getting some numbers from it on my user computer system. Here are the results that showed up.

So, I guess the system is using the compression as it should since now there are some numbers being listed.

Bradmph, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Task Manager tells me I'm low on system memory, tells me to close some processes, and then... - Similar Threads - Task Manager tells

2. Pls someone tell me this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pls someone tell me this: Hello guys i searching for fortnite android isuddenly misclick a fake ads link.. am i getting hacked im panicking right now pls help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pls-someone-tell-me-this/19bdbb20-49a6-4f14-bb38-98bec0d411e7
  3. i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future: i am sharing the minidump file through this dropbox link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-memory-management-bsod-please-tell-me-how/fcd2dbff-865b-43f8-9a81-ae8745dbadbd
  4. i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got a memory management bsod, please tell me how to prevent this in future: i am sharing the minidump file through this dropbox link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-memory-management-bsod-please-tell-me-how/fcd2dbff-865b-43f8-9a81-ae8745dbadbd
  5. Settings telling me my PC is managed by an organization when it's not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings telling me my PC is managed by an organization when it's not: Hello!I recently tried to join the Windows 11 Insider Program and the settings application told me that I had to change my diagnostic data to get the releases... but it says that the setting is managed by an organization and that I can't change it. I bought this computer...
  6. Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows tells me I'm offline when I'm not: Windows has lately taken to displaying my internet status as offline, despite having a fine connection. It displays the no internet icon on the taskbar, but I can still browse the web and do other internet-reliant tasks fine. The issue is that Microsoft apps in particular...
  7. How to Reset Memory to default Please tell me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Reset Memory to default Please tell me.: Hello everyone, I have another question waiting for everyone to help answer. After the last time I was asked to delete data on Disk, SSD, M.2, Diskpart "Clean" and "Clean all" command was helpful. But it will take a long time for 1TB + size, but my problems don't end...
  8. How to Reset Memory to default Please tell me.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Reset Memory to default Please tell me.: Hello everyone, I have another question waiting for everyone to help answer. After the last time I was asked to delete data on Disk, SSD, M.2, Diskpart "Clean" and "Clean all" command was helpful. But it will take a long time for 1TB + size, but my problems don't end...
  9. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/criticalbandana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ajw4/can_someone_tell_me_what_im_doing_wrong/
  10. My firewall is telling me I'm connected to a public nework

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My firewall is telling me I'm connected to a public nework: Hi, I was recently just looking around on the Control Panel I then came across the Windows Defender Firewall and it shows that I'm connected to a "Guest or public networks" It states below the drop down menu that "Networks in public places such as airports or cafes" But my...