Windows 10: task manager - the device is not ready

Discus and support task manager - the device is not ready in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help. The following are not working since last week. Start button search function task manager windows defender what can I do to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CherylKortman, Aug 16, 2019.

1. task manager - the device is not ready

Please help.

The following are not working since last week.

Start button

search function

task manager

windows defender

what can I do to fix

Thanks

:)

CherylKortman, Aug 16, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

task manager - the device is not ready What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Aug 16, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

task manager - the device is not ready

No hardware listed in Device manager?

Humour me, go into task manager and kill rundll32.exe and then re-open device manager.

Darknova, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

task manager - the device is not ready

1. task manager - the device is not ready - Similar Threads - task manager device

2. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  3. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk manager error the device is not ready: So i have a 1tb external solid state drive that im attempting to reset to be useable. it came with my computer originally but has issues with the bootloader potentially being wiped or corrupted. im attempting to use disk management but keep getting the device is not ready...
  4. disk manager error the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. disk management - initialize - the device is not ready

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk management - initialize - the device is not ready: Hi, I was trying to plug in an external HDD to my computer. The file explorer opened but stood frozen for a couple of minutes in "not responding" condition. I then unplugged it. Now It shows in the device manager but doesn't show in file explorer. I tried reinstalling...
  6. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  7. device not ready error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device not ready error: I am trying to install fonts (from dafont) that I have on my computer in my downloads folder. I am getting an error "device is not ready" and the fonts will not install. I have Windows 10. I was able to do this before so why can I not do it now?...
  8. disk management - initialize - the device is not ready

disk management - initialize - the device is not ready: trying to format a 1 TB SATA harddrive. In disk management, "Disk 1" is unknown with a tiny red downward facing arrow. Right click, initialize, I select MBR and I get the message "the device is not ready." Now what do I try?...
  9. Device is not ready

Device is not ready: HI. I recently tried to lock my HD710 external-HDD and then I got a problem in decryption when I wanna use my e-HDD after entering the password I get this error : "Encryption has been stopped Device is not ready" I'm sure that I enter the password correctly and I'm...
  10. disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.

disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.: I have a internal 3.5" HDD WD Black 2 TB and try to hook it up in the PC but it doesnt not appear anymore in My Computer. It was working few weeks ago. When opening Disk Management it says the disk is not initialized and it didnt state how many GB available on the hard disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system32 taskmgr exe the device is not ready

2. task manager not working device is not ready

3. task manager device is not ready