Windows 10: Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

Discus and support Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it normal?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Teodor Todorov, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

Is it normal?

:)

Teodor Todorov, Feb 15, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Feb 15, 2022
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

1. Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed. - Similar Threads - Task Manager thinks

2. Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?: Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-shut-down-the-computer-when-i-go-to/ae4d41d4-781d-414e-ada8-456b7bc93d19
  3. Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed?: Do I need to shut down the computer when I go to bed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-shut-down-the-computer-when-i-go-to/ae4d41d4-781d-414e-ada8-456b7bc93d19
  4. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down before even going to the screen: I've removed all components from my PC to clean everything up just cpu, psi and gpu dust. I've plugged everything inside the same components and when I tried to run it it runs for 1s and then shuts down and repeats it. I know my components aren't the issue since before they...
  5. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

My PC shuts down before even going to the screen: I've removed all components from my PC to clean everything up just cpu, psi and gpu dust. I've plugged everything inside the same components and when I tried to run it it runs for 1s and then shuts down and repeats it. I know my components aren't the issue since before they...
  6. My PC shuts down before even going to the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.: Is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-thinks-that-my-pc-was-on-for-17-hours/be1e1253-1d46-474a-bcfa-485fc6d296c6
  8. Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.

Task Manager thinks that my PC was on for 17 hours even if I shut it down before I go to bed.: Is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-thinks-that-my-pc-was-on-for-17-hours/be1e1253-1d46-474a-bcfa-485fc6d296c6
  9. Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with task manager shutting down/ disappearing: I seem to be having a problem with windows task manager on windows 10 When i start it it seems to shut itself down after a few mins, when i goto the show hidden icons in the task bar it shows multiple task manager icons and when i hover over them they disappear and i have...
  10. Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I have to sign out before shutting down my PC?: To shut down my computer do I have to sign out of my account from the Start button Start/Account/Sign OutAND click Shut Down from the Power button? Or can I simply use Power button to shut down? This is a household computer with only two of us using it primarily for email...