Windows 10: Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

Discus and support Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davecope22, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always much higher than the actual sum of the detail.

For example, at the moment total CPU is over 60% but there is just one task with usage (slightly) over 2% and all the rest below 1%.

Any ideas?

:)

davecope22, Oct 3, 2018

2. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

I've just upgraded to the newly released Windows 10 Home 1809 and notice in task manager that the total at the top of the CPU column is always
    much higher than the actual sum of the detail.

For example, at the moment total CPU is over 60% but there is just one task with usage (slightly) over 2% and all the rest below 1%.

Any ideas?

davecope22, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

This is a known issue.

Via the blog post

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/201...

Known issues

Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.

Please wait until Microsoft fixes it with the next cumulative update

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 5, 2018
  4. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value

1. Task manager total cpu incorrectly shows a high value - Similar Threads - Task manager total

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU

System Task in Task Manager is using high % of CPU: Hello,Since yesterday, I observed that my laptop, started getting louder and hotter when idle 71°, previously had been 49-50°. Checked the usage of my pc and realized that the "System" task, is constantly performing a 10% and above, thus making my computer like that. That...
  5. incorrect cpu usage values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  6. incorrect cpu usage values

incorrect cpu usage values: My pc wasn't like this when I was still on windows 10 it only happened recently as well task manager shows different cpu, memory, and other values incorrect in processes it already doesn't add up didn't happen when i was on windows10 then I checked on users I'm the only one...
  7. Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization: Several windows 10 devices are showing high cpu speeds with litte or no Cpu Utilization in Task Manager. All or most of the devices use Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with build number ending with .868. On the newest desktop, I had installed .870 build. I tried removing .870 and...
  8. Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager GPU tab reporting incorrect values: [ATTACH] I was interested in seeing what my GPU usage was during some intensive gameplay to realise that task manager only reported my GPU usage at 2%. This was while playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at ultra settings @ 1440p. You can see that temperature and memory usage...
  9. Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing incorrect CPU clock and memory stats: Hayo A while ago I was running an overclocking configuration on AMD Ryzen Master which, besides glitching Windows magnificently, generated a kind of error that lasts even after three complete reinstalls of Windows. The overclocking situation has already been resolved,...
  10. Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager Incorrect CPU Usage: So for roughly the past couple of weeks, I have been having issues with task manager giving me incorrect readings on the CPU usage. Before noticing this issue, I have been running my 9900K at 4.8 GHz all core with an AVX offset of 1. Initially, reducing my clock speed by 100...