Windows 10: Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking

Discus and support Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost Task Manager a while back, as well as the ability to install some updates. Spent most of yesterday trying to sort out the problem. The most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaneFanning Brown, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking

I lost Task Manager a while back, as well as the ability to install some updates. Spent most of yesterday trying to sort out the problem. The most definite answer I got is that BitTracking is turned off. So, I researched BitTracking for Windows 10 and everything I was told to look for doesn't exist on my computer. I checked my computer's drivers as well as Windows. Everything is up do date. In desperation, I followed any instructions I found that seemed reliable. Must say that Microsoft offered nothing. The page that came up when I searched in Micrsoft was blank. So, after losing about 14 hours yesterday, I am no further ahead than when I started.

:)

JaneFanning Brown, Apr 9, 2019
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update hangs with blank screen

Hello,

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Crtl + alt + Delete key on your keyboard to open task manager.

• Cancel the Windows Update task form the task manager.
    Step 2:

• Run Windows Update Troubleshooter. Click this
      link:

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking

Unable to go into Task Manager after installation of ProcessHacker

When you run the installer (setup file) there's an option to replace task manager. Maybe you ticked it?

Anyway, once installed try unchecking this:

Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking [​IMG]

Callender, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking

1. Task Manager, Unable to Install Updates, BitTracking - Similar Threads - Task Manager Unable

2. Task Manager not updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager not updating.: I was watching my task manager whilst my computer was doing some maintenance. I came back and tried to awaken it by pressing the escape key, But might have missed it and pressed others. The Task Manager disappeared from my screen. When I got it back by opening it again, the...
  3. Task Manager not updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager not updating.: I was watching my task manager whilst my computer was doing some maintenance. I came back and tried to awaken it by pressing the escape key, But might have missed it and pressed others. The Task Manager disappeared from my screen. When I got it back by opening it again, the...
  4. Task Manager not updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  6. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  7. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows installer in task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows installer in task manager: My computer was running fine but it started running slow i ended many tasks in task manger and as soon as I stopped window installer it ran faster. But as soon it shows back up or boots up it makes my pc run slow, to the point it wont even let me open up google or Microsoft...
  9. Unable to go into Task Manager after installation of ProcessHacker

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to go into Task Manager after installation of ProcessHacker: Freshly installed Windows 10 Pro X64 1809. Installed ProcessHacker right off after Windows installation and within ProcessHacker installation, I've set it to run with administrative rights as well to use it as default. Now... I'm unable to get into Task Manager at all. Get an...
  10. Task Manager not Updating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager not Updating: Task Manager is behaving strangely. Everything else is working properly on my machine. I can open Task Manager and view all of the various tabs, but they are not updating in real-time. Rather, I am receiving only the static information from the moment when I opened...