Windows 10: Task Manager unable to open.

Discus and support Task Manager unable to open. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alex​_1, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Alex​_1 Win User

Task Manager unable to open.

Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Alex​_1, Jul 23, 2022
  2. cben251 Win User

Unable to open Task Manager

Hi there,

I recently had a bit of an issue with a virus and believe that I have finally removed all malicious software. However, I am still unable to open Task Manager, it opens for about half of a second and then closes itself. During the infection, I was unable
    to open Task Manager, but was also unable to open TDSSKiller, Malwarebytes, etc. I can now open all of those, and the various full system scans I have run are coming back clean. I am able to open the third-party Process Explorer program, and when I open
    Task Manager, I can see that it attempts to begin two processes, and one of them gets listed as Suspended. I have pasted below a link to the dump log from when I ran procdump64; it is saying there is an access error. From what I researched, this possibly
    means that some part of the infection is still lurking somewhere. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3IsTeqJsfsjcnM2N0VVLXljTFk

cben251, Jul 23, 2022
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 23, 2022
  4. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

Create a user account in Windows

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Task Manager unable to open. - Similar Threads - Task Manager unable

2. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. Task Manager unable to open.

Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  5. Task Manager unable to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager unable to open.: Hi, I've tried opening Task Manager by using Ctrl+Alt+Del, Taskbar and from cmd.None of these have worked, and there's no error to put up, just a blue circle for a second.I've also tried running sfc /scannow, DISM and registry but these also haven't been working.Is there a...
  6. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  7. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  8. Task manager not opening

9. Microsoft 10 unable to open anything but task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 unable to open anything but task manager.: So the whole screen is going one and off after i enter my password. After which i tried to open a couple of things and the only thing not getting refreshed is the task manager. Other wise its repeting the start process again and again. I am not sure what to do....
  10. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...