Windows 10: Task manager usage high

Discus and support Task manager usage high in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i usually dont check this stuff but i checked today, the disk is constantly high above 60, sometimes stuck on 100. Even when i open google chrome only,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Catanddogg, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Task manager usage high

i usually dont check this stuff but i checked today, the disk is constantly high above 60, sometimes stuck on 100. Even when i open google chrome only, let alone playing games. Help

submitted by /u/Catanddogg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Catanddogg, Feb 20, 2021

2. Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Feb 20, 2021
  3. "Very High" power usage in the Task Manager

Hello! Under Task Manager, under the column "Power Usage", I often get "Very High" usage for my browser and for mbam. What does "Very High" usage mean? Assuming the standard would be 35% or so for example, would it mean it's using ~80% power a browser could
    normally use in certain circumstances like watching videos etc?

This page here has amazing information (for those of you wanting more information about the Task Manager), but does not contain the answer I was looking for, and was hoping someone at Microsoft would know:

https://www.howtogeek.com/405806/windows-task-manager-the-complete-guide/

iMidevil Chaos, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Task manager usage high

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the Task Manager again to see what are the
    applications that have high CPU usage. To do this, follow the same steps you did from the previous reply:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

However, based on your response above, it seems that you may need to create a new user account again and just install your apps manually instead of copying them as your
    previous user account might be corrupted.

Once your done with the steps, please let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Task manager usage high

1. Task manager usage high - Similar Threads - Task manager usage

2. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  3. Cpu Usage high when opening task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cpu Usage high when opening task manager: Hello Microsoft Community, recently my pc has started to have a 1 second spike when opening programms. I dont think if downloaded any malware, because ive just been playing games like i normally do. I found out that when i disable all microsoft services in msconfig, my pc...
  4. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  5. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  6. Antimalware Service high ram usage in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service high ram usage in task manager: Antimalware Service high ram usage in task manager using 90 % ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-high-ram-usage-in-task-manager/d624e91e-35b8-4dba-89a2-c2ba194055c8
  7. User high CPU usage task manager

User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  8. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User high CPU usage task manager: Hello! Each time I open up a game my CPU usage seems to spike from ~30-40% to 90%, and thats not from the game, its from the user tab, is this normal when having a game open? How do I lower my user CPU usage? I'll leave screenshots below to understand it more. ^^^^^^^^^^^This...
  9. User high CPU usage task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. "Very High" power usage in the Task Manager

"Very High" power usage in the Task Manager: Hello! Under Task Manager, under the column "Power Usage", I often get "Very High" usage for my browser and for mbam. What does "Very High" usage mean? Assuming the standard would be 35% or so for example, would it mean it's using ~80% power a browser could normally use in...