Windows 10: Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority

Discus and support Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the priority settings for a game called Squad from 'normal' to 'high' and I keep getting an "access denied" message. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gibironi, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Gibironi Win User

Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority

I'm trying to change the priority settings for a game called Squad from 'normal' to 'high' and I keep getting an "access denied" message. How do I get access?

:)

Gibironi, Jan 6, 2019
  2. ElderN Win User

reset process priority on task manager

Why do you think a Process you see in Task Manager is not running at it's default priority?

Give an example of a Process you think is not running at it's default priority, what is the priority you see in Task Manager and what you think the default priority should be for that Process.

How do you think the priority of the Processes get changed from their default state?

If you changed the priority why don't you just change the priority of the Process back to what it was before?

If you change a Process priority in Task Manager, Task Manager isn't going to remember what the priority was before you changed it.

Just change it back to what it was before (undo the change) or restart the system and things will be back to normal.

You can use the instructions in this link to include a screenshot with some examples of the issue:

How to include a screenshot in your post

ElderN, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Task Manager: Access Denied (Setting Priority)

Hello,

Some system processes, such as services, don't allow to be configured even as an administrator.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, try to perform the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for the process.

4. Right click on it and click on Properties.

5. Click on Security tab and click on Edit.

6. Then give full permission to the Administrator.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority

Unable to change priority in task manager for Windows 10?

I am currently unable to change priorities in my task manager for Windows 10. Right now I want to play Rust on my computer, so I would want to set the priority to high so I can get better fps. Even as I run it as Administrator I cannot change the priority.
    I am logged into my Microsoft account and I am an Administrator on my computer. I am not a techy so I don't really know what I am doing but I would like to know if I can change this or not.

EqualTelevision, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority

1. Task Manager will not allow me to change a files priority - Similar Threads - Task Manager allow

2. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  3. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  4. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task manager reverting manually set priority

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager reverting manually set priority: I've been having trouble with a game this last week or so, it keeps crashing on me. It seems to be a problem with my processor, as others with AMD processors have apparently been having the same problem. The primary solution for most people for this problem has been to set...
  6. Don’t see the “Set priority” option in task manager

Don’t see the “Set priority” option in task manager: So I’m trying to set a game I play as the priority so more of the ram focuses on that game but whenever I right click on “fortnite” process, I don’t see the “set priority” option. Any help? submitted by /u/HYPZ3 [link] [comments]...
  7. Low Priority in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Priority in Task Manager: So I got Black Ops Cold War the other day, and I was lagging a small bit from time to time, so I decided to up the priority. I was surprised to find it at "low" but didn't think anything of it, and yet every time I put the priority to normal or above, it automatically sets...
  8. Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager

Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager: When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' ***Original title: Task Manager 'access denied'***...
  9. Set Permenant Priority in Task Manager

Set Permenant Priority in Task Manager: Is there a way to set priority permenantly in Task manager? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Kjekkasen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhn3tz/set_permenant_priority_in_task_manager/
  10. Can't change priority of applications in task manager on windows 10.

Can't change priority of applications in task manager on windows 10.: It says Access Denied, though Im the administrator on this computer. I've ran the applications in admin mode, tried editing user control but still no fix. Please help...