Windows 10: task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...

Discus and support task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by beverlyc, Jul 15, 2019.

1. beverlyc Win User

task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...

task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green leaf" UWP is suspendign processes to improve performance???

:)

beverlyc, Jul 15, 2019
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green... ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 15, 2019
  4. task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...

CTL+ALT+DEL is not working with Windows 10. How can I fix this?

My computer has locked up and when I try to use CTL+ALT+DEL to try and open the Task Manager ~ nothing happens. My computer is less and a few months old and I haven't even transferred most of my 'stuff' from my other computer. What is causing this?

KarenMorgan_1259, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green...

1. task manager won't come up with alt-ctl-del. when it does, why am I getting the "green... - Similar Threads - task manager won't

2. After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...: This is a bit weird to me, i wonder if anybody has seen it and knows why it happens or if something can be changed. My PC just started doing this somewhat recently, though i do not recall exactly when.If i leave the PC for a bit, open, screen goes dark no screen saver. When i...
  3. After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After leaving PC, screen dark, then it is dead until i do ctl-alt-del and "cancel" to get...: This is a bit weird to me, i wonder if anybody has seen it and knows why it happens or if something can be changed. My PC just started doing this somewhat recently, though i do not recall exactly when.If i leave the PC for a bit, open, screen goes dark no screen saver. When i...
  4. CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW

CTRL ALT DEL should bring up the TASK MANAGER in a TIMELY FASHION .. like NOW: In the old days, when there was a hung window, or a virus attack running amuck creating windows galore, you could actually do CTRL ALT DEL, get the task manager and kill the process. No more. Now the priority on TASK MANAGER is apparently so low it comes after all the drama...
  5. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?: For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what can be done to reset it to the way it used to be?Thanks!-...
  6. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?: For a long time, when I opened my laptop, I could click the mouse or hit Enter on the keyboard to get a login prompt. Now all of a sudden I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what can be done to reset it to the way it used to be?Thanks!-...
  7. Why do I have to hit CTL-ALT-DEL to get a Windows PIN prompt?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. BLACK SCREEN WINDOWS 11 - CTRL + ALT + DEL NOT WORKING - TASK MANAGER NOT COMING UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLACK SCREEN WINDOWS 11 - CTRL + ALT + DEL NOT WORKING - TASK MANAGER NOT COMING UP: I decided to reset my computer and start new and now I'm having trouble logging into my desktop PC windows 11. It comes up with a black screen with cursor. I have tried multiple methods. I've tried rebooting and restarting the PC multiple times. CTRL + ALT + DEL is not...
  9. BLACK SCREEN WINDOWS 11 - CTRL + ALT + DEL NOT WORKING - TASK MANAGER NOT COMING UP

BLACK SCREEN WINDOWS 11 - CTRL + ALT + DEL NOT WORKING - TASK MANAGER NOT COMING UP: I decided to reset my computer and start new and now I'm having trouble logging into my desktop PC windows 11. It comes up with a black screen with cursor. I have tried multiple methods. I've tried rebooting and restarting the PC multiple times. CTRL + ALT + DEL is not...
  10. Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del: Doing Ctl-Alt-Del brings up the blue screen with Task Manager as the last option. Clicking on it removes the blue screen but does not launch Task Manager. I can run Task Manager using Window + Run but I'd like to get my system back to running as it should. Has anybody solved...