Windows 10: task manager won't display

Discus and support task manager won't display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10 v2004/OS build 19041.630 Hi all. For whatever reason, I have been encountering a rolling series of problems. It started with my mouse freezing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kens, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Kens Win User

task manager won't display

W10 v2004/OS build 19041.630

Hi all. For whatever reason, I have been encountering a rolling series of problems. It started with my mouse freezing and getting "jumpy," task manager not displaying (it "opens" minimized in the task bar but won't display), the start menu not displaying, an inability to restore my computer to an earlier restore point and, as of this afternoon (worked fine in the morning), my Rivet Networks ethernet device stopped working (device I attach to shows I'm getting a signal). I have since resolved the start menu issue, but nothing else. Let me start here with task manager.

I usually have opened it via control-alt-delete, but have since learned control-shift-escape is more direct. I had it open and was actively using it around noon yesterday. Suddenly, it stopped displaying. It just sits in the task bar minimized. If I scroll over it, it shows it open, etc., but it won't display at all. I've tried multiple paths to open it, but the result is the same as described above.

I tried creating a new user account and was able to access it with no problem, but can't open it on my main administrator account. Suggestions? Thanks!

:)

2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

task manager won't display [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 15, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. task manager won't display - Similar Threads - task manager won't

2. GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU temperature does not display in Task Manager: Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19045 Build 19045Latest GPU driver is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-does-not-display-in-task-manager/14d0d64e-f2fb-4358-8700-18b9f058a534
  3. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  4. Task Manager won't update, close, or execute tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager won't update, close, or execute tasks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gxnr0tf4jskkf7/2022-10-31 task manager.mkv?dl=0^Screen record showing issue.Since the latest win11 update, my task manager can only force close apps intermittently, and sometimes doesn't even refresh to show active applications. Additionally, every...
  5. Task Manager won't update, close, or execute tasks

Task Manager won't update, close, or execute tasks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gxnr0tf4jskkf7/2022-10-31 task manager.mkv?dl=0^Screen record showing issue.Since the latest win11 update, my task manager can only force close apps intermittently, and sometimes doesn't even refresh to show active applications. Additionally, every...
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  8. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Task Manager - Internet speed display.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager - Internet speed display.: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the internet speed display unit from bit to byte? https://preview.redd.it/6f2m28532yx51.png?width=948&format=png&auto=webp&s=7ff76cb93db623dcbcab37219b2e3ea5ad1c248c submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  10. Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong CPU cores display in Task Manager: Hi All, Hope you guys are doing good. there is a strange problem with my windows 10, that i can not see correct core information and i assume therefore my Windows is running slow. My Device manager shows total 16 cores in CPU section, however in Task manager i only see 4...