Windows 10: Task Manager

Discus and support Task Manager in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nikilet, May 25, 2019.

1. Nikilet Win User

Task Manager

I have attached a screenshot taken just now of my Task Manager. Isn't that Memory number running awfully high? The one thing that is really huge is Firefox, around 700 MB and I only have two tabs open.

:)

Nikilet, May 25, 2019
  2. infrared Win User

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task Manager ;)

infrared, May 25, 2019
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, May 25, 2019
  4. Task Manager

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Task Manager

1. Task Manager - Similar Threads - Task Manager

2. Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager: Hi Iam using Hp Laptop Model-HP Notebook-15-ba001ax ,My system was lagging so I thought of Installing Another 4 Gb RAM So I have installed the Same Ram I found in My System that is SK Hynix HMT451S6BFR8A-PB NO AA 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 204 Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM SO i...
  3. Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10. New users get black screen, start button does not work, task manager doesn't...: These are laptops with recent upgrade from windows 7 professional. Original local account and windows outlook accounts work perfectly. Windows is activated with a digital licence problem create new user local or windows account as admin or user. attempt to login as...
  4. Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager does not launch from Ctl-Alt-Del: Doing Ctl-Alt-Del brings up the blue screen with Task Manager as the last option. Clicking on it removes the blue screen but does not launch Task Manager. I can run Task Manager using Window + Run but I'd like to get my system back to running as it should. Has anybody solved...
  5. Task Manager has different CPU Usage

Task Manager has different CPU Usage: I noticed that my Task Manager CPU Usage is different percent value from Rainmeter and Process Explorer. Sometimes On Task Manager CPU Usage reaches 100% sometimes I get lag and sometimes I don't lag at all even its 100%. Windows: Windows 10 v1903 Processor: Intel core i5...
  6. How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck...: How to allow standard users on Windows 10 Pro machine to use task manager and kill stuck programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-standard-users-on-windows-10-pro/1c15b0c9-6800-413b-a189-57e212bb9762
  7. Task Manager showing higher CPU than sum of all processes- malware?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager showing higher CPU than sum of all processes- malware?: My computer’s task manager has always shown a higher cpu than the sum of all the processes being used. It’s been like this for a long time and I thought it was normal, but after norton blocked a coinminer from a website that used adobe flash I began to think that I have...
  8. Windows 10 1903 causing Memory leaks and task manager showing wrong RAM speed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 causing Memory leaks and task manager showing wrong RAM speed.: After updating from windows 10 1809 to 1903, the task manager shows wrong memory speed as 2133Mhz. Earlier it used to show 2400 Mhz. Also, after updating to windows 10 1903, the was rapid and sudden spikes in RAM usage, like rapid ups and downs. After reboot, the system stays...
  9. Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig

Services disappeared from Task Manager (TM) and msconfig: Hello, I've been on 1809 until yesterday, then I upgraded to 19H1 (1903) with idea, that it will fix itself, but I still cannot see services under services tab in Task Manager (TM) and also couldn't see any service under msconfig I tried to: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Task manager how to find main process?

Task manager how to find main process?: In windows 7 in Task Manager If I have chrome and IE, there are many chrome.exe and iesplore.exe processes, however if I right click on any Chrome entry in Application and Go To Process it takes me to the main chrome process, meaning I kill it I kill all of Chrome. Same for...