Windows 10: Task manager

Discus and support Task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Task manager, I am constantly having to go to the task manager and click on the cancel button twice to get my computer unlocked. The mouse will not do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cadendadd, Mar 9, 2020.

1. cadendadd Win User

Task manager

Task manager, I am constantly having to go to the task manager and click on the cancel button twice to get my computer unlocked. The mouse will not do anything till I do this. Although other items do work with task manager being locked I cannot click anywhere onThe screen with the mouse. Once I mash the cancel button twice everything is fine till the next time.
    thanks in advance for all your help

:)

cadendadd, Mar 9, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Mar 9, 2020
  3. infrared Win User
    task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Task manager ;)

infrared, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Task manager

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Task manager

1. Task manager - Similar Threads - Task manager

2. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66
  3. Questioning data and network speeds (Steam Client vs. Task Manager)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questioning data and network speeds (Steam Client vs. Task Manager): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShoolPooter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/funkga/questioning_data_and_network_speeds_steam_client/
  4. Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  5. How to permanently set task priority to real-time in task manager

How to permanently set task priority to real-time in task manager: Every time I open the app it goes back to normal priority... why? And how do I fix it. submitted by /u/ninjakiller218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu9bqe/how_to_permanently_set_task_priority_to_realtime/
  6. Windows 10 account services not working Calculator, Task Manager, Store, etc...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 account services not working Calculator, Task Manager, Store, etc...: Hello. In my Windows 10 account suddenly dozens of services stopped working; Calculator, Store, Task Manager everytime i should set "0" from regedit - DisableTaskMgr to use it, Creating a New User it's ok from netplwiz and Search from the Start Menu. When i check from Task...
  7. Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.

Specific PID not showing in Task Manager.: I'm investigating an issue with port 80 and have the pid number of the process using that port. But the pid number is not showing in task manager and all services from all users are shown. How can I locate the service using the pid? submitted by /u/Raspberryfx [link]...
  8. Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Open Certain Apps including task manager and cmd administrator and Error Messages: Hello, I am having some issues with my windows 10 computer. I do not know the root cause for this issue. It seems to have started after a system restart. No software, to my knowladge, was installed before the restart. I am unable to open apps such as Task Manager and CMD...
  9. 16GB in BIOS and CPU-Z but 8GB task manager

16GB in BIOS and CPU-Z but 8GB task manager: I just installed 16GB RAM and Windows shows 8GB. None of my memory is hardware reserved but before I updated Windows to the current version it did show half of it was reserved. I've enabled XMP profile 1 and followed all the instructions in this video both before and after I...
  10. Would it cause problems if I quit OneDrive in Task Manager?

Would it cause problems if I quit OneDrive in Task Manager?: So, today, "Microsoft OneDrive (32 bit)" decided that it needs almost 40% of my CPU for god-knows-what. I've never even used it, since I just copy important stuff over to an external hardrive, maybe a USB-stick or two if it's really important. So is there any harm in just...